Recent content by Sara61

  1. Sara61

    THR Hips versus knees

    @Jaycey a small relief, knowing this is normal, every scenario has gone through my head, I'm hoping this surgeon can pull a few strings it would be a blessing. Plenty of rest on the cards especially the next two months x
  2. Sara61

    THR Hips versus knees

    For those of you whom have had knees replaced prior to your hips.. can I ask if the hip pain was far worse pre-surgery than the knee pain ? The reason I ask is that the pain I'm currently experiencing, affects the top of my hip/leg, groin and mostly on my shin, this hurts like hell, especially...
  3. Sara61

    TKR TKR - July 5th

    @deedee65 Congratulations on your forthcoming surgery date, the best thing about having done it before is that you know what works for you, this time round, you have a good idea what medication helps, what you need around the house and what to expect. My advice is not to compare your...
  4. Sara61

    THR Right hip done, "Fred" is on board.

    @Freedom Thank you so much for this reassuring and useful information, not many people have knees before hips its usually the other way round, so good to know I'm not alone. Also good to know that recovery is shorter, its been a long haul recovering from the two knees and just as I had started...
  5. Sara61

    TKR How young is too young?

    Ive had both my knees replaced the first in 2019 left one and the second in 2021 I was 58 years old with my first knee. Here in Portugal I'm considered very young to have had both knees replaced, but fortunately my orthopaedic doctor agreed that my crumbling bones needed some new life, I was...
  6. Sara61

    THR Right hip done, "Fred" is on board.

    @Freedom I have just come across your post as it appears that you had your hips done after your knees. I have had both my knees replaced the left in 2019 and the right in 2021 since January I have had pains mostly down the front of my left leg, initially thinking it was sciatica but that usually...
  7. Sara61

    TKR Kneeling with Replacement Knee

    I'm one of ones that cannot kneel, I had to kneel after my first replacement as I had slipped off the bed and without thinking knelt on my newly operated knee, it was so painful I've never tried it again. Since I've now had the two replacements, I doubt I will ever kneel again.
  8. Sara61

    THR Now hippy time

    At the moment not using either, trying to avoid as long as possible, mostly out of vanity, but probably it would make sense. Funnily mornings I'm fine, the pain seems to attack at about 4/5 pm as soon as I stop moving, movement helps, sitting and lying down I notice it more prominently once I'm...
  9. Sara61

    Revision TKR Here I go again - Round three

    Sorry to hear that you are having to face more surgery, the only plus is that once it is done you will recover and be pain free, this time you can better prepare yourself, you know what you need and what works and more importantly you know you will improve each day, I had two full replacements...
  10. Sara61

    THR Now hippy time

    Thank you all for your reassurances, Mojo & Layla, agree heat helps likewise most evenings I'm in bed early with a heat pad just to ease of some of the pain. Is it normal for me to get severe pain on the outer side of my left knee, is this coming from the hip? Taking Flexiban at night and the...
  11. Sara61

    THR Now hippy time

    @Jaycey, the waiting list unless an emergency is 2 years, I'm hoping when I see the head surgeon in October, he can pull a few strings. Here they make surgery last resort so they try other options first. @Eman85 Yep nights are the worst, I've tried pillows at the side, in the middle to no...
  12. Sara61

    THR Now hippy time

    Having finally recovered from total knee replacement in both knees over a 3 year period I've now discovered my left hip will need replacing too. The though fills me with dread, I hadn't envisaged that by the age of 62, I would be bionic, it was bad enough having surgery and recovery on my...
  13. Sara61

    TKR 2nd knee, 2nd recovery

    @marieltha I saw my orthopaedic doctor/surgeon today and sadly my left hip joint has arthritis, hence the intermittent pain in the groin and down the front of my left leg. I am going to start a electrical deep bone impulse treatment over 5 weeks, it is a 40 minute session once a week, the...
  14. Sara61

    TKR 2nd knee, 2nd recovery

    @marieltha It sounds familiar the pain, but I'm so confused to where or why it's coming from, I've ruled out sciatica as no back pain whatsoever but it's getting progressively worse. My saga continues who would have thought after two successful knee replacements and almost 3 years post left...
  15. Sara61

    TKR Right knee scheduled for 08/16/23

    @Bunnyhead Congratulations on getting surgery for your 2nd knee. I've now had both my knees replaced like you the left first in 2019 and my right in 2021. My advice to you is try not to compare your surgeries, this was a huge mistake I did at the beginning, I kept looking at my past notes and...
Back
Top Bottom