Recent content by SanDiegoHippy

  1. SanDiegoHippy

    THR SanDiegoHippy is on the other side now.

    Update for Dec. 19, 2018. Happy Holidays to you all. I had my 1 year followup recently for R-THR , and while I was there had my L-THR X-rayed as well (which was done in 2013). Good news, both hip replacements looked great. I'm now on the on the 5 year plan for future checkups. The newer hip...
  2. SanDiegoHippy

    THR SanDiegoHippy is on the other side now.

    First of all, a big thank you to the BoneSmart forum. I have had both my hips replaced now, (as of November 2017). The people and online articles here helped me immensely. I wanted to give my update. I had L-THR done in June 2013. It still bothers me most days (pain), but I've learned that...
  3. SanDiegoHippy

    THR SanDiegoHippy is on the other side now.

    Great questions. I hope I can answer them for you. I tend to ramble on this forum so will try to keep it brief. A. My doctors never mentioned the term "Swiftpath protocol", so I assume that they didn't use that. B. I am a 54 year old male, in average shape, 5 ft. 10 inches tall and weighed...
  4. SanDiegoHippy

    THR SanDiegoHippy is on the other side now.

    Oh, and I just remembered the weirdest exchange of all, regarding changes of THR treatment. I had bought a few cheap fluffy pillows before surgery to keep my operated leg elevated like I did in 2013 's operation. I kid you not, when I asked the nurse if I should keep my leg elevated when I go...
  5. SanDiegoHippy

    THR SanDiegoHippy is on the other side now.

    Hello all, I've been thinking of writing a message about this for several days now, but I don't know if it's now accepted hip replacement practice, or if I'm part of a controlled THR phase 3 experiment. My first THR (left) was about 4.5 years ago. My second THR (right) was two weeks ago last...
  6. SanDiegoHippy

    THR SanDiegoHippy is on the other side now.

    Hi everyone. Well my second hip replacement is now done. It was a RTHR done on November 16, 2017. According to the docs everything went well. I spent 2 nights in the hospital and came home yesterday afternoon. First night in my own bed was a little rough and I woke up several times dealing with...
  7. SanDiegoHippy

    My right THR is this Thursday

    Thanks for the comments and well wishes. I'll try to keep you posted after my surgery. And good luck to all the other November people. G.
  8. SanDiegoHippy

    My right THR is this Thursday

    Hi all. I had my left hip replaced in 2013 and will have my right hip replaced Nov. 16, 2017. I live in San Diego, California. Thank you, again, for this forum. I am way more scared this time and it's probably because I haven't kept up with this forum and it's great . I can't seem to find my old...
  9. SanDiegoHippy

    Back again to BoneSmart, thank you

    Hi, yes I found the thread to be closed. I hope that I can start this new one, or reopen my 4 year old one. https://bonesmart.org/forum/members/zauberflöte.10388/, to put it mildly, I would not call my left THR something to to feel ecstatic about, or even happy about. I know that I'm whining...
  10. SanDiegoHippy

    Back again to BoneSmart, thank you

    Thank you. I am currently scheduled to have a RTHip replacement surgery on November 16, 2017. But that is contingent upon me passing a nicotine test on Nov. 2. The doctor's coordinator says they will cancel the surgery if I have any nicotine in my system; so no patches, gum, vape, cigs, etc...
  11. SanDiegoHippy

    Back again to BoneSmart, thank you

    Hello again. I know that I'm supposed to keep my pre and post THR threads all together, but I've been trying for at least an hour and they keep saying something like "no more posts allowed". I've been a member here since 2013 when I had my left hip replaced and now I'm scheduled to have my right...
  12. SanDiegoHippy

    THR I need some advice quick!<

    Hello. I've had piriformis muscle pain ever since my LTHR was done almost 4 years ago. I've had the same questions you have and will follow your thread. I'm not giving medical advice, but I think most surgeons would agree that X-rays would show if any of the implants were loose. In my case...
  13. SanDiegoHippy

    THR 3½ years after THR

    Just a followup message, I met with my GP last week and told her of my pain in the operated hip area. After I gave her the news that ortho surgeons don't continue followup care 3.5 years after doing a surgery, we are hopeful that I'll be approved for some physical therapy.
  14. SanDiegoHippy

    THR 3½ years after THR

    Thanks for the responses. On the chart above, I'd say the pain is in: L1B E or L2B E but 'deep' in the tissue. If I'm not mistaken, I think my surgeon said that he cuts the Piriformis muscle to access the hip during surgery. I have not been doing any specific hip exercises. I don't meet with...
  15. SanDiegoHippy

    THR 3½ years after THR

    Hi everyone. This forum really helped me when I was going through my first hip replacement surgery. I tried to post this message in my recovery thread, but for for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to add a new message to it. My screen name here is "SanDiegoHippy". I had my left hip...
Back
Top Bottom