BoneSmart® Hip / Knee Replacement Forum
Knee Replacement & Hip Replacement
Patient Advocacy & Online Community

Back again to BoneSmart, thank you

Discussion in 'Hip Replacement Pre-Op Area' started by SanDiegoHippy, Oct 12, 2017.

1. SanDiegoHippy

SanDiegoHippy

United States United States
    Hello again. I know that I'm supposed to keep my pre and post THR threads all together, but I've been trying for at least an hour and they keep saying something like "no more posts allowed". I've been a member here since 2013 when I had my left hip replaced and now I'm scheduled to have my right hip replaced next month. I think I'm going to need the support of this community to get through this, again. To the Administrators, please let me know where I should be posting my pre- and post- operative comments; my handle is: SanDiegoHippy.
    Thank you.

2. Mojo333

Mojo333 Forum Advisor

Welcome back. I'm sure @Jamie or someone will fix you up...

3. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Administrator

welcome back 3.jpg @SanDiegoHippy, since this is a completely new surgery for your other hip, just continue to use this as your pre op thread until you have your second hip surgery, then you can start a new recovery thread for that.

4. SanDiegoHippy

SanDiegoHippy

Thank you. I am currently scheduled to have a RTHip replacement surgery on November 16, 2017. But that is contingent upon me passing a nicotine test on Nov. 2. The doctor's coordinator says they will cancel the surgery if I have any nicotine in my system; so no patches, gum, vape, cigs, etc. That's a pretty tall order for me.
    At least this time my sister will be around to help me. When I had my left hip replaced she literally had undergone major cancer surgery on her face a couple of weeks before my surgery.
    If I was totally happy with my first (left) hip replacement, I'd be looking forward to the right THR, but that surgery still hurts me every day. The ortho docs say the replacement is doing great, and I can walk on it, but sitting or sleeping still causes a lot of, I guess, muscle pain. I hope this one goes better.

5. Josephine

Josephine NURSE DIRECTOR Administrator

United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Can you tell me what was the title of the thread where you got that message?

6. zauberflöte

zauberflöte

@SanDiegoHippy I think I remember you! My first hip was May of 2013. I am sorry that your first didn't leave you ecstatic-- what have you done about that since the orthos say all is well? PT, massage, physiatrist (NOT psychiatrist :loll:) anything like that? It must be awfully discouraging and my heart goes out to you.

7. bottomshollow

bottomshollow Administrator

8. Josephine

Okay thanks. That explains it! That thread hasn't been posted in since Nov 11, 2013.

If you look at the top of the page, right hand side, you'll see a golden padlock like this which means it's been closed!

closed icons b.JPG

9. SanDiegoHippy

SanDiegoHippy

Hi, yes I found the thread to be closed. I hope that I can start this new one, or reopen my 4 year old one.

https://bonesmart.org/forum/members/zauberflöte.10388/, to put it mildly, I would not call my left THR something to to feel ecstatic about, or even happy about. I know that I'm whining which I don't generally like to do, but since my L THR (needed because of necrosis of the femoral head), I have had pain every day that I didn't used to have before the surgery. But as I mentioned, at least I can walk on it (most days) without crutches post surgery (4 years ago). Regarding what I've tried in the last four years, I did some physical therapy sessions but couldn't afford them for very long (I had a $50 copay per session) and I still try to do some of it at home.
    The operated hip since the replacement usually feels like it has it's own fever going on there, and to lay or stand on my left leg hurts like... you no what.
    I take inspiration from this 'hip forum' that maybe my right THR will go better than my left one.

Oh, and I'm a he, not a she, i.e. for those in Europe I'm a bloke.
    I hope all of you are well.
    G

• Like Like x 1
  10. YoungHippy

YoungHippy

Welcome back! Hoping your second hip gets better results than your first. Also don't quit looking for answers about that first hip either.

11. Josephine

Your thread is now open and able to be used.