Recent content by SADD

  1. SADD

    Bilateral TKR Post Op recovery day #6

    So sorry, didn't know this and really don't know what the big deal is. Won't have to worry about it anymore.
  2. SADD

    Bilateral TKR Post Op recovery day #6

    So I have been doing everything the doc and this site has been telling me to do. My pain management today in a sitting position is probably a 3 and while trying to stand goes up to about a 6. Walking is in between that someplace. My husband had to go to the store and took care of all of my needs...
  3. SADD

    Bilateral TKR Post Op recovery day #6

    Sorry POST day 4
  4. SADD

    Bilateral TKR Post Op recovery day #6

    Hi, had my BTKR on Monday and this morning will mark my fourth full day of recovery. It's been rough but I can now feel that each day gets a little better. My meds have finally been straightened out which was half of the battle. I am able to push myself up from my recliner onto my walker and...
  5. SADD

    Bilateral TKR Post Op recovery day #6

    Today was not a nice day at all....Pain was awful and couldn't do any of my exercises. I slept the entire day and could not eat a anything. Had a splitting headache and extremely sick to stomach. Finally called doctor and they were wonderful and called me right back. Adjusted my meds and added...
  6. SADD

    Bilateral TKR Post Op recovery day #6

    Had my btkr on Monday and just got home this afternoon. The block they gave me numbed me until yesterday morning and I was feeling no pain at all and then the **** hit the wall and it came hard. I was having a very difficult time with my BP being extremely Low and they said it was because of the...
  7. SADD

    Having TKR on 9th of Feb and I’m terrified

    I am sure you will all do well... Having my BTKR today...... I'll try to keep everyone posted on my recovery.
  8. SADD

    Time is set

    Got my call from the hospital today. Surgery is on for Monday January 30. There was some concern about my BP being so high and they thought we would have to postpone but I have been on new meds and taking my BP and so far so good so I have to be at hospital at 6:15 AM on Monday! My stomach...
  9. SADD

    Total right knee replacement

    I am having bilateral (both) done January 29 and closer it gets the more nervous I am getting. With the help of this sight I am totally prepared as much as I can be. I know there will be a lot of pain but at least I know that and can prepare myself for such. Read Susieshoes post, she was an...
  10. SADD

    TKR Why did I wait?

    So glad to hear this MSgirl..... I have 13 more days and have already started the jitters!!! Saw an old friend today and told her about my BTKR... got that "look"!!!! HATE that "are you crazy" look. Just hope I have that positive attitude that you have right now. I know for me it's both or...
  11. SADD

    Pre-Op Today

    Well, today I had my pre-op for my BTKR on January 29. It's been an awful week for me because last Monday I got sick and had to go to Urgent Care and diagnosed with Bronchitis of all things. I have not been sick for 7 years and I had to go and do it NOW! So anyhow was nervous about my...
  12. SADD

    Steps

    Yes Josephine, I have now seen all of the post. I was a little over anxious and posted on the recovery thread and then I wasn't even looking on that thread for my answers. Thanks for merging them. I will continue on THIS thread from now on until my surgery. Lots of good advice and I know they...
  13. SADD

    Bilateral TKR SusieShoes' New Knees

    Susie, love your recovery thread!!! Does it go further then day 1 though? That is all I am getting. I love to know what to expect.
  14. SADD

    Steps

    Thanks all!!! My outside stairs are probably like Susieshoes - steep. and I am told if my surgery is early in the morning I will NOT be staying overnight but going home the same day. But if you guys say I can do it I believe!!! My son will be there with my husband to lend a hand. Getting...
  15. SADD

    Steps

    Hi, I have asked this question before and so far have gotten no responses. I am having bTKR on January 29, I have 4 steps to get into my house. My husband is concerned on how he is going to get me in the house. Would love to hear from any BTKR's who have outside steps on how they managed and...
Back
Top Bottom