Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Post Op recovery day #6

So I have been doing everything the doc and this site has been telling me to do. My pain management today in a sitting position is probably a 3 and while trying to stand goes up to about a 6. Walking is in between that someplace. My husband had to go to the store and took care of all of my needs before he left but of course nature called while he was gone and I tried to do it by myself and to my amazement I did do it. I was so proud of myself. I have been up walking 3 and 4 times already today and continuing my exercises. I had chilli in the freezer I made ahead of time and we will heat that up for our Super bowl game tonight. My goal today or at least tomorrow for sure is to climb my 13 steps to our shower bathroom and get a great shower and hair wash. Monday I have to take my dressings off don't know if that will help or hinder. Hope everyone else is doing as well as can be and thinking of all of you
SADD
 
@SADD
Note that your recovery threads have been merged again. This is the fourth time that a moderator has had to merge your threads. Please stop creating new threads. This is your recovery thread. This is where you need to post updates. It isn't necessary to create a new thread every day. Just come back to this thread and post it here.
 
So sorry, didn't know this and really don't know what the big deal is. Won't have to worry about it anymore.
 
For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here.
 
If you want to experience how disjointed, nonlinear, where a person is on the recovery continuum, and difficult to follow, join some of the joint replacement groups on Facebook (I'm on 2 of them). Lots of well meaning people over there but sometimes no idea if the person is 5 hours, days, weeks, months, years PO. You get a one post snippet of the recovery and it is not easy to see previous issues and replies.
 
SADD. How are you doing? Checking in on you...hope you check in again soon!
 
Just checking to see how you’re doing @SADD I thought from your last post you were a little frustrated with how the forum works. Please don’t let it keep you from using this site, it has a lot of useful information. It just takes a while to get used to it. I hope you’re doing well.
 
In my country physio is a must, but after ending up in tears again at the hospital, just like I did with my first knee I decided I wasn't going and would let nature take it's course based on what I read here. And it was so much smoother and quicker this time, I think because I wasn't causing additional pain and swelling. I just did normal things (getting in and out of bed, chairs, the car, showering, getting something to eat/drink, etc - all normal daily things that are more than enough to move/work your knee imo).

I also made sure I took a lap or two around the house every 5-6 hrs (but I had one good knee) and increased that as I found it getting easier, and did a bit of flexing and heel slides but that was it really. I was able to flex and straighten so much more quickly and with less pain this time, I think because I wasn't swelling as much. I was also able to get off pain meds earlier than the last knee (I used them every 6 hours at first, with the last knee it was every 8 hrs at first).

Anyway, I've done it both ways and for me less physio and more just going slowly and doing what you normally do in a day worked best.

Hope you're doing well!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom