Recent content by Runningfree

  1. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Thank you Benne68 and Layla. During my 13th week recovery I can see and feel good changes, the stiffness is starting to reside at long last, I am much more comfortable at night, still not getting 4 hours sleep, but I do go straight back to sleep when I turn over, that is so much better, so I am...
  2. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Thank you Layla for the positive thoughts
  3. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Thankyou EalingGran I will look the classes up, hopefully this may give me some strength back.
  4. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Thank you Benne68 for doing that research. I have stopped using it and knee feels the same. I had my first NHS session at the gym with PT today. I was very happy to learn I have a 125 degree bend and I was able to use all 5 apparatus for the 3 mins each without any pain or serious...
  5. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Thanks Layla, I’ve stopped using it today as I would like to see if my knee stays same as in discomfort.
  6. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Thanks Layla lots of ideas in EalingGran and your messages for me to try, i will happily try some of these out and let you know how it goes. I am so happy I’m at 10 weeks plus and the worst is behind me. Not sure how you all feel about something I was told for pain relief but it’s making a...
  7. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Thanks EalingGran, I have managed to cut the day time nap out and I go to bed if I feel I’m going to nod off during the evening. It’s something I’m going to have to get through and I’m sure it will pass, like the odd feelings I get in my foot since my new knee. I don’t seem to have pain at...
  8. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Hi I’m at 10 weeks and one day post RTKR and there is a noticeable shift in pain relief thank goodness. I have been off medication for 3 days, my mood has lifted and I think I have a bit more energy, certainly my brain wants me to do more. I’m still using two crutches for dog walks as it’s...
  9. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Yes I agree standing is worse than walking, EalingGran. I am in less pain this week (8th), but my energy levels are really quite low. I am taking more rest and earlier nights in a hope to combat the fatigue. I basically do too much and a lot of it is my fault. I’m too independent.
  10. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Thanks Legseleven and Eaglemom, yes it’s all good advice, thank you for your words of help and reminders. I will shorten my daily walking distance too. However, I am on my feet longer than I should be. I am my husbands carer and even tho I have carers in to help him I still do more than I...
  11. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Well thank you for the advice re meds Layla, it’s worked ! I take the codeine (at night only,) with two paracetamols, and stick to the paracetamols only during the day, I don’t exceed the limit. I have had 2 reasonable nights sleep, better sleep than any in the last 6 weeks and pain much more...
  12. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Thank you Layla I have stopped icing, I will start that again, it makes sense to take the paracetamol more regularly thank you for that advice. I am conscious of my walking and do try the heel through toe approach. I get relief from the stacked pillows to put my leg up. I have just browsed...
  13. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    I do still have a bottle of Morphine that I was told I could use if pain got too bad. I’ve wondered if that would put me back to sleep pain free if I used it for a couple of nights. Don’t think my dr would repeat the prescription, so it would be short term only. Any suggestions would be welcome.
  14. Runningfree

    TKR RunningFree's Second TKR Recovery

    Hi Layla, I’ve had a couple of difficult weeks since I stopped the codeine, I am managing on paracetamol mostly at night but they don’t seem to help much. I’m wondering if I should go back on the pain killers, I really don’t want to because they messed up my tummy to where I chose the knee...
Back
Top Bottom