Recent content by Runaround Sue

  1. Runaround Sue

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    While I can't answer if the surgery was for naught I can tell you my 87 year old MIL acted pretty much the same (probably worse) after her hip replacement. She refused everything and just wanted her cigarettes. When my 82 year old neighbor was treated for an aneurysm she was very combative and...
  2. Runaround Sue

    THR Balance - Physical or in Head

    yakafluss I just had to say that right out of school I worked as a nurse's aid in a nursing home and for almost 2 years afterward. Most of the older men seemed to love being cared for by me, just one seemed to mind. The big problem was me caring for them in such a personal way. I hope...
  3. Runaround Sue

    THR Revision 2.0

    pt98n I missed that about your Akita before and had to go back a page. Im so sorry, I know so well how hard it is to lose our furry companions. Thanks! I have pretty much been doing just as you recommended. I even lie in my recliner and do the heel slides and ankle pumps while watching tv. My...
  4. Runaround Sue

    THR "Runaround Sue Rocks On to the Other Side"

    Exactly Sharon, I have to know the why and the wherefore for everything ;) I am not content until I get to the bottom of everything and I have that AHA! so that's it moment.
  5. Runaround Sue

    THR "Runaround Sue Rocks On to the Other Side"

    Poppet No, He just said quote: "It may go away in time, keep massaging it, that should help and the PT will be helpful as well. end quote. Pretty much the same thing the other surgeon said to me after the surgery for the melanoma (WLE and SNB) almost 5 years ago. I sit in front of the tv and...
  6. Runaround Sue

    THR "Runaround Sue Rocks On to the Other Side"

    @sharOh I'm not at all, just was posting my news from my post op :) I'm not at all surprised given my age and rickety old bones. I would be hopeful if only the parathestia in my shoulder had resolved over the past 5 years but unfortunately I still have pain and weird sensations daily as well as...
  7. Runaround Sue

    THR Jojool rides to the other side...

    Im so sorry to hear you are having one problem after another! I hope you feel better soon :)
  8. Runaround Sue

    THR "Runaround Sue Rocks On to the Other Side"

    Okay, last update today I promise. I found out the surgeon used a screw in my bone (femur ? for stability I guess). I hope this is a normal thing. I am feeling so abnormal after all of the things I posted about today that I learned at my first post op appt.
  9. Runaround Sue

    THR Revision 2.0

    Ruby Red Thanks! I feel better about not doing what he ordered. Even though the most I ever did was twice a day I did improve greatly and he was very pleased with himself. He said I had one of the highest scores he ever saw on my final test and he couldnt believe how strong I am. He was sure the...
  10. Runaround Sue

    THR Newbie to the forum

    I have to say I am amazed! After 5 1/2 weeks I still have trouble sitting on the computer chair. I have to get up and walk every few minutes or I am in agony. It took me forever to make a post today.
  11. Runaround Sue

    THR Revision 2.0

    pt98n what are some gentle range of motion exercises? I had home pt visits for several weeks and am still having trouble doing hip abduction exercises (lying on my side with a pillow between legs and lifting leg and lying flat with pillow and moving leg outward). I can only do these maybe once...
  12. Runaround Sue

    THR "Runaround Sue Rocks On to the Other Side"

    One other thing I forgot to add to my update of my first follow up visit after the RTHR. My OS was trying to tell hubby and I something in recovery about the angle of my hips being unusual. We brought this up with him in the follow up and it turns out I have Coxa Vara hips. We asked if this was...
  13. Runaround Sue

    THR Red Shoe is Singing on the Other Side

    Red Shoe looking good girl! Way to go! I hope it just gets better and better for you each day:)
  14. Runaround Sue

    What type of chair was most comfortable for you during your recovery?

    Vetgirl I am still loving my power lift recliner at 5 1/2 weeks! I was told I would need the other hip done by one OS I interviewed but my surgeon says no, the other is fine. We don't regret the purchase because we are seniors and both can use it in future.
  15. Runaround Sue

    THR "Runaround Sue Rocks On to the Other Side"

    medic4355 I am so happy to hear you doing well and hope everything is still the same. Is the Cymbalta still working for you? Your graduation date is coming up soon now in Oct., have you scheduled surgery in November? I will look for updates by you. Take care!
Back
Top Bottom