Recent content by RubyWhitesocks

  1. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    I think that maybe I've had my final PT session today. The therapist thinks that since I am consistently reaching 118 on my own steam the last few sessions and he has been able to get me to 120-122 for my flexion, most likely when I see the surgeon on Monday, he will agree with me that I can...
  2. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    Just in general, beyond my own experiences with nerve pains that Gabapentin seems to abate at the proper dosage, (and being well aware that it is not really a comparison situation) I am wondering if there is a time frame with which people can say that the nerve pains from their TKR was...
  3. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    Thank you, I may end up going the route of contacting my normal doctor with regard to this med, because at this point, the nerve pain is way more present daily than other issues. That is not to say that I don't have some swelling and muscle issues still, but they are way more dependent...
  4. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    300 mg tablets, originally just one per day, then two per day, but for some reason the script was backed down to one a day again. I've been told by a friend who has pharmacy training that they used to upper limit to 900 mg a day, but now that has been raised, but it is a controlled substance...
  5. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    Not sure whether or not this is appropriate to discuss in this forum, as it deals with medication. I've found that for my nerve pains post TKR, the ones with the burning, tingling, electrical sensations that travel all the way downward from the incision site to the toes and can happen in any...
  6. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    Well, good news on 2 fronts. Firstly, I did get the surgeon to admit that 120 is just a box that they like to tick off and that if I was happy with my progress and trying to reach that through continued PT, he was fine with that. Secondly, with a little help from the Physical Therapist today...
  7. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    okay, I go see the Surgeon today about my "deadline" for reaching 120 degrees or him wanting me to do MUA. Based on what I am seeing/reading about that I am inclined to tell him thanks but no thanks. I am consistently at 110-114 and got to 116 with a small push from my Therapist before I said...
  8. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    Thanks for the responses to my query regarding the Surgeon's "deadline" of October 4th for reaching flexion of 120 or him wanting to do MUA on my right knee. I really in my heart think I'll have reached it by then and thus it will be a moot point, but if I'm even as close as 114 or certainly any...
  9. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    I can't believe that it has been almost a month since I posted, life just got busy and I wasn't sure I had much that was of value to add to this forum. However, I do think I should make sure I start out by saying that my second TKR (right knee, or Junior) was NOT INFECTED, thank goodness, but...
  10. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    thank you, I needed to hear that encouragement, today was a rough day. the wound/ incision area seems to be a little less bright angry red today, but it is still warm to touch and painful and tight. So much so that it had me in tears a couple times today before it was time to take my pain med...
  11. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    In general, I've liked this surgeon's demeanor and straight talk and I will try to not dwell on that one comment, but hopefully he is indeed well versed at dealing with infection if that is what it proves to be.
  12. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    The surgeon took off the dressings including the steristrip today and went over the entire area with 3 alcohol pads ( that really stung) and then let it air out. By the time he came back in to look at it, the whole area looked like it had beads of sweat coming out of the pores, rather than any...
  13. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    So now the plan is to call the surgeon first thing Monday morning and see if I can see him prior to my 2:30 afternoon PT appointment to look at the incision, because it has been "weeping" all day today and the area of the incision itself is pretty red looking and warm to the touch. Hopefully it...
  14. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    So far, the senior new knee is behaving itself, but I'm definitely prepared for it to balk at some point. the muscles in that leg have started signaling that they wish to register complaint.
  15. R

    TKR RubyWhitesocks TKR recovery

    Thanks for the well wishes. I think I overdid things a little today. Today was the first day I got a look at the incision and changed the dressing, and it looked so much better this morning than it did this evening. I was concerned enough by the blood coming through my compression stocking that...
Back
Top Bottom