Recent content by Rubadub

  1. R

    THR AzDrew on the Other Side

    azdrew- my LTHR was done after a femoral neck fracture. I fractured it in April 2014, had 3 screws put in. Screws removed May 2015. During that time I never was able to be without cane. July 2015 I was diagnosed with AVN - dr suggested THR - by that time I was ready! Tired of hurting. I'm 3...
  2. R

    THR Rubadub rocky recovery

    12 weeks post op - finally think I'm really healed❗️Stopped using cane last week - except when going to barn to feed. Out of town this week and I have walked quite a bit with no pain! Leg muscles still feel a little weak, but it's been almost 2 years since original fracture. Life is good...
  3. R

    THR Rubadub rocky recovery

    @ 3rd Dislocation - Arabs. We owned and shown them for about 20 years. Love em! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. R

    THR Rubadub rocky recovery

    10+ weeks post op visit with OS - everything looks great!! Still having some muscle weakness, but I've been either in a walker, crutches, or cane for the last 20 months. Hopefully, in time, everything will work cohesively! Merry Christmas to all! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. R

    THR Rubadub rocky recovery

    Sorry for the typos - on phone with auto correct. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. R

    THR Rubadub rocky recovery

    @Jaycey - took my time gut them fed and turned out. Had Hubble fill wheelbarrow full of hay do I did not have to band over to load it. Used my cane, and was very careful! My horses were happy - I think! I give them a more personal approach! They are both seniors - 21 & 24. They are part of...
  7. R

    THR Rubadub rocky recovery

    @Jaycey - will definitely be careful! My biggest obstacle will be putting hay in wheelbarrow ad pushing it. Not heavy but awkward. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. R

    THR Rubadub rocky recovery

    @3rd Dislocation - stairs are a little better - since I only use them on the weekend it will take time! I'm trying to make slow steady progress. This week I will take back part of my barn chores - at least the feeding portion. My husband has been caring for my horses after surgery, so I'm sure...
  9. R

    THR Rubadub rocky recovery

    @3rd Dislocation - Thanks! I'm sure it will pass. It's just hard not to get too impatient for it to be over with! I see you have endured a lot! Hope everything is going your way!
  10. R

    THR Rubadub rocky recovery

    @lalo - best way to describe bone pain - it's more of an ache! It feels like it did when I fractured my hip. I have stairs at a lake house and going up is great, going down is usually when I get "bone pain". I'm hoping it's just the stem settling. It usually disappears a day or two after I...
  11. R

    THR Rubadub rocky recovery

    Yes. That's is probably what I'm going to do. I Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. R

    THR Rubadub rocky recovery

    @Jaycey swelling has not changed if icing or elevating. Just weird! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. R

    THR Rubadub rocky recovery

    @Jaycey - only ibuprofen 1 am & 1 pm. Pain is intermittent. From 0-10 about 3 at worst. PT (standing) knee raises, side leg lift, back leg lift 2 sets of 10. (Seated) leg extension 2 sets of 10. (Laying) heel slide w knee lift to 90 degrees, slide leg to side 2 sets of 10, (using knee roll) leg...
  14. R

    THR Rubadub rocky recovery

    I have a couple questions I would like to ask... 1). Is it normal to have any bone pain 8 weeks out? I'm asking because I was toe touch only for 5 weeks due to fracture during surgery. So should I assume that my recovery is behind a normal heal? The last couple days I've noticed puffiness...
  15. R

    THR Deep Breath Reporting for Recovery Duty

    Hope you are feeling better! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom