Liam, Yea. Still getting high fives in the neighborhood on the bike thing. I think the new knee didn't like it but, if adrenaline was coursing through my body all the time, I wouldn't know I had a fake knee. Didn't then. And thanks, things ARE improving! I am just impatient! Warmest for your...
Not just you! need research. This stuff is addictive so I would not be surprised if it was that. My dose is just so low, like none, that I am confused. I wish I could take Celebrex but it mimics sulfa which I am allergic to. The weight will probably come back. :(.
Hello there. I DO believe the nausea relates to tapering the oxycodone. Here's why. I am now "technically" off of it. That means I do not need it or feel the need for it. Tylenol is fine. BUT, I wake up in the middle of the night, have nausea (not every night,) take one half of a 5mg oxy and the...
Two days ago I saw my surgeon for the first time since my June 2 TKR. ROM at 8 weeks equal to a typical year. I cannot remember the number honestly. Maybe 360?! lol. The Indian Rubber Man is back. No ice necessary anymore unless "it feels good." And this zinger: "Why did my staff say you could...
You reminded me of my incision frustration. I walked away with an incision held together with steri strips. Pretty normal. My surgery was done in a way where there are also two upper and two lower very, very small incisions. "Pin sites" used for a more minimally invasive surgery. I was told I...
Zofran gives almost immediate relief. My problem is that it goes away quickly. My wife is laughing at me because I throw the whole medicine chest at it with ginger, honey, Zofran et al. She wonders if some do not cancel the others out! Maybe. lol. I found some natural stuff on nausea. Might try...
Thanks! That is truly new to me! I will ask my doctor. It seems the only prescription thing mentioned so far that is not for chemo treatment! And that has not worked. I LOVE the side effect warnings. "Seeing halos around lights. hallucinations unusual thoughts or behavior." There was a time...
Also BTW what do you all take for nausea? They gave me Zofran. No home run. I went out and bought some homeopathic stuff, tummy teas of all sorts courtesy of my wife and ginger chewable tablets. It is all bouncing off.
BTW my hospital today said that my pain at night could be knee pain or nerve pain. I think they meant to say knee nerve pain or other nerve pain but I am not sure. They said one course would be to take gabapentin. I decline that as I do not want to add a drug at this point. The other is trying...
Sistersinhim, I think I strained it a bit but I am back to where I was before that now. It was worth it. I guess an interesting aside to all my whining about pain. You can turn it off. I did briefly. I remember talking to a friend that is a psychiatrist a while back. I was complaining about my...
Thanks for the encouragement. I am still struggling with low energy and YAWNING! If I yawn one more time I am going to crack my jaw! I assume it is fatigue and lack of sleep. The yawning episodes come in waves and I yawn about 20-30 times close together until it stops. Hard in a meeting. Again...
I am completely out of energy five weeks out. I had more two weeks out than now. I suppose it is not the best time to be writing this because I am on a low wave at 3:17 pm on a Monday back at my office. I have also seemed to have lost my appetite. Not so good. I am drinking **** like Ensure and...
Thanks for the reminder. I DO need to keep a log. My wife and I did for the first week because there was oxy, aspirin, Colace and a host of stuff that I was forgetting in my pained and doped state. I still occasionally wonder if I took a dose of oxy but pill counts keep me on track. The key is...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.