Recent content by RSC

  1. RSC

    Metal Allergy implant solutions for nickel and bandaid allergies

    Min is uncemented, ceramic on ceramic, and I'm not exactly young. My understanding is that the metal part of my implant is titanium.
  2. RSC

    THR THR & Antibotics

    My surgeon said for the rest of my life, but I decided to compromise and take antibiotics for dental appointments only for the first two years. But that's just me, and I don't want to give medical advice. I think I read that antibiotics would be recommended for dental procedures if you have...
  3. RSC

    What was your hip injection like?

    My fluoroscopy-guided cortisone and anesthetic (Marcaine/bupivacaine) injection to the hip gave me instant and total relief, but only for about three hours. I don't think that the cortisone did anything at all.
  4. RSC

    THR RSC's recovery thread

    Thank you, @Constanze. I hope that we continue to hear from you.
  5. RSC

    THR RSC's recovery thread

    As I was saying, I decided not to attempt the summit, so the other two left without me at 1am, while I stayed at base camp. I watched for a bit, then went back to bed. They finally got back to base at 2pm. They reached the summit at 10am, so 9 hours of climbing and 4 hours of descending. The...
  6. RSC

    THR RSC's recovery thread

    I'm not doing the running. I mentioned a Mount Shasta summit climb in Constanze's thread, and I thought that I should write something about it, although it's a long story and I'm sure to either leave something out or to go on and on. Anyway, the climb was not successful if by that you mean...
  7. RSC

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    @Constanze, I hope that you continue to keep us posted on your activities. I like to hear the little bits about Germany and am glad that you are doing so well. As far as the Mount Shasta trip, I decided not to go up past base camp, but that's a bit of a long story that I may cover later in my...
  8. RSC

    Bike riding post op

    Yes, if you look look in the Social Room area, there is a topic https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/cycling-club-for-us.12123/ that is reasonably active with members who are current cyclists.
  9. RSC

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    Yes, I deleted that part because it kind of sounded like it was too much about me, not you.
  10. RSC

    THR Constanze's recovery diary

    It's good to hear about your recovery. I also have (or had) arthritis only in the one hip. I think, although I could be wrong, that this was due to taking a bad fall a few years previously, putting my back out of alignment for a while and putting all of my weight on one hip. Let us know how...
  11. RSC

    THR Joint Replacement #3 -- Getting Discouraged<

    You said you are icing, but are you using an ice machine? I was given an ice machine that continuously circulates ice water over the area, and I think that it was more effective than just a pad coming out of the freezer. Rather than use ice cubes, I filled the reservoir of the machine with...
  12. RSC

    Revision THR Krista's Gluteus Medius Repair 1 Year post THR

    Good to hear from you, Krista.
  13. RSC

    THR Spring is right around the corner

    @Walkinginthesand, I have to admit that the weight bearing restriction seemed like a long haul at the time and my hands got pretty sore from bearing weight. Once I forgot that I was supposed to be using the walker and wouldn't you know it, it was right in front of the in-home PT. It's all good...
  14. RSC

    THR Spring is right around the corner

    I had the six weeks of restricted weight bearing, which was a bit of a surprise to me.
  15. RSC

    90 degree rule - how hard was this to manage?

    Certainly you can bend at the waist. It's just that you will probably be told not to bend more than 90 degrees for a while. Shoes and socks will be a problem at first, so a sock aid and slip-on shoes would be helpful. Also a reacher grabber will be helpful for getting dressed.
Back
Top Bottom