Thank you all for your support. Saw my OS yesterday and he said X-ray looked good. He believes the scar tissue needs more time due to my catheter the first five weeks. He said ice, message and walking. He wants to See me in six weeks. He noticed a slight tremor in my hand,other doctors have...
I had hip replacement on July 10. The physical therapist came for one week and I developed urinary retention and had to be on a catheter for 5 Weeks. This totally affected my recovery as I was not comfortable moving around. After the catheter came out I took short walks, but my
incision area was...
I had hip replacement in July 2016 on the right side. I just scheduled THR on the other side for July. 10. Surprising I am still very nervous and need support. Anyone who went through this twice please let me know how it went the second time. Also should I do pre op in the hospital or at my...
I had THR in July 2016. This forum got me through surgery and recovery. I went in August for my yearly checkup. The OS said everything looked good and my unoperated hip had some arthritis but was nowhere as bad as the hip they operated on.
A week later I was back in the office because I was...
I am 6 days away from my one year anniversary. Hard to believe it has been a year since my journey began. Those who followed my journey know how afraid I was and how my recovery went. One year later I am moving well. No hip pain. Occasionally my thigh get cramps if I bend a certain way. Other...
Hello all,
Hope everyone is doing well. Have not been on the forum for awhile. My anterior hip replacement was on July 6th and I am doing really well. Still a little soreness in the thigh of the operated leg.
The crazy question has to so with something that happened today. I am a teacher and...
@Chihuahuan Thanks for asking about work. All is good, today I began teaching and was at work from 1 to 4 PM. I feel real good, my incision site is a bit sore but my hip feels great. Hope you are doing well.
@Chihuahuan I begin teaching in 3 weeks. My mom will turn 100 this week. We have a 5 hour celebration on Sunday. Hopefully my energy level will be good. Glad you are making progress!
6 week update- All seems to be going well- Completely off the cane and walking totally unaided. Still have my incision site very slightly oozing, but the OS said it is fine and will take time. This is the area right by my waist where the incision starts. The rest of the scar going down the leg...
Tomorrow is 5 weeks since the surgery. Just saw the OS regarding the scar tissue bleeding, he said normal no infection and he put new steri strips on the area. X-RAY of new hip looked very good and I am mostly walking without the cane. Still some muscle soreness and tightness, but it is...
Actually feel progress at 30 days post surgery. Walking at home without any device, still using the cane outside. My concern now is the incision site. At the very top of the incision there is scar tissue which looks like a big pimple, very red and sensitive. It is not infected or oozing, just...
Today is four weeks since the surgery When I woke up I had a new pain that is in the groin and shoots into the thigh area. It is not constant, but I feel it often enough. Even when just sitting, it is like a throbbing. Anyone have any ideas what this could be? I pushed myself and walked outside...
@OUCH! I teach Social Studies and generally do not sit, but if necessary I can. My hope is by Sept my recovery will be far enough along that I can do my 3 hours a day.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.