Recent content by Roxi

  1. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    Oh thanks. That is super helpful! I will put it flat then.
  2. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    I have the height at the right spot for my desk (my feet now don't touch the floor, but that is a separate issue. Getting in and out is no problem. I was adjusting the seat cushion tilt because I thought it might be better for my posture, but perhaps not. I am so bad with these things.
  3. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    I just got a new ergonomic office chair. Do i need to have the chair with the seat having a slight forward tilt so that my knees are below my hips? I don't think I have ever really sat with good posture, so I want to make sure I am doing right by my new hips. It does feel a bit weird.
  4. R

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Wishing you a thorough recovery and a quick reduction in pain. Hang in there.
  5. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    I am just shy of two weeks until my checkup appointment. Means we are hopefully half way through with the no weight bearing. I am so hoping that I get given the green light. Off the oxy and meloxicam and almost off the tylenol at this point. Will be so nice to have a cocktail soon! I am not a...
  6. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    I slept in my own bed last night. It was magical. I am down to one oxy per day at those point, so guessing I should be off of that completely in another day. I am starting to try and rest for 5 min on my non operated side. I remember it took a week or so to really get comfortable to do it for...
  7. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    Incision healed well. Started tapering off the pain meds today. For the past few days my restless leg syndrome has flared bad. Keep having to really squeeze my thigh muscle, even though I don't want to. I remember this happened last time, so I just need another week to get through it. Still...
  8. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    Good thing I enjoyed it because sleep so far tonight is not coming. Sigh.
  9. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    First week done. Removed the bandage today which was tiring, but glad to hit that milestone all the same. Had friends come and bring us dinner. Was my first day sitting at the table to eat, so that was fun as well. Now going to try to sleep again. Tomorrow the plan is to start ramping down the...
  10. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    I am with you. Just walking to and from the restroom at this point and doing heel pumps. Slow and steady just like last time.
  11. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    It has been quite the 24 hours. I have a pico7 wound pump thing since I was allergic to the steri strips before. Well it seems that I did not screw it back together properly yesterday after I took my first post op shower. It ended up vacuum tightening so badly that I was in probably level 6...
  12. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    Oh yes. That is probably what they are. They are very thin. I will check those links out. Thanks.
  13. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    Anyone have any experience with having a metal collar? I forgot to ask this earlier, but the reason I am no weight bearing again is that my bones are small and even with the smallest stem there was a small crack that formed when they put it in. I have two metal collars around my bone just to...
  14. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    Going well so far. Pain level much less than last time. Using the restroom much easier than last time. No incision pain either at this point. They couldn't go through the old scar this time, so that might be the difference. I still have the medicine shakes, and some settling, but with elevation...
  15. R

    THR Roxi rocking on

    Heading home!
Back
Top Bottom