Recent content by Rosy

  1. Rosy

    PKR 3 weeks post PKR: question about pain meds

    @Lindylee thank you for the empathy. I had no idea this surgery was going to impact life the way it has. Totally unprepared in that sense. I am naturally an extremely active person, so the second I feel good I zip around as much as I can. Yes, my biggest battle right now is slowing it down...
  2. Rosy

    PKR 3 weeks post PKR: question about pain meds

    Phew 6 weeks tomorrow. I really should make a point of coming to write something on good days, because there is so much improvement. Today is hard though. I am so glad for this forum: mostly I take a lot of time to rest and I try not to push myself physically (this is a real challenge)...
  3. Rosy

    Bilateral PKR A hiker's new knees

    I start getting these at 4 1/2 weeks after surgery. At the tiniest pinch I start massaging the originating spot before it spreads. I'm seeing my PT tomorrow.
  4. Rosy

    PKR 3 weeks post PKR: question about pain meds

    A very timely reminder thank you.
  5. Rosy

    PKR 3 weeks post PKR: question about pain meds

    Thank you. I will check it out right now.
  6. Rosy

    PKR 3 weeks post PKR: question about pain meds

    5 weeks post op today. I am pretty much back to normal e.g cleaning and work. Still walking slowly and I have lost a LOT of muscle in the operative leg. Off pain meds except for a Tylenol or muscle relaxant (I sometimes get muscle spasms) now and then. I am just still so tired. If I walk too far...
  7. Rosy

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    I am having this problem too. It feels as if every muscle, tendon and nerve surrounding my knee is in complaint mode. The joint itself is lovely.
  8. Rosy

    PKR QdogPa recovery

    @Jockette did you find that all that Tylenol affected your stomache? And would you take Tylenol for the muscle pain too?
  9. Rosy

    PKR 3 weeks post PKR: question about pain meds

    @Josie1054 thank you. I am seeing my Pt on Tuesday. Hopefully she can help me figure it out. So many types of pain! One almost needs a pain dictionary to know what causes what.
  10. Rosy

    TKR 3 weeks after

    I am at 4 weeks now. Despite being a super optimistic person, week 3 kicked my butt!! Feeling so much better this week. Take the pain meds as long as you need them. Rest. Be kind to yourself. I had no idea the toll this operation would take on my body and my psyche. But I feel much better this...
  11. Rosy

    Knee Infection* Revision

    I am at 4 weeks now. Despite being a super optimistic person, week 3 kicked my butt!! Feeling so much better this week. Take the pain meds as long as you need them. Rest. Be kind to yourself. I had no idea the toll this operation would take on my body and my psyche. But I feel much better this...
  12. Rosy

    PKR 3 weeks post PKR: question about pain meds

    Question: 4 weeks past op. Had a super couple of days. Just had the mother of all cramps all along the outside of my operated knee. My guess it’s because I’ve been tensing up while I limp/walk. Calling my physio tomorrow for help. Any thoughts? Has this happened to you? Also does anybody know...
  13. Rosy

    MUA Knee stiffness.

    So sorry for all you’ve been through. My path has been comparatively simply. I just had to tell you that I had my first night of sleeping through the night! I don’t like sleeping on my back either. And my poor husband because I snore like a steam train! Hang in there. You are not alone.
  14. Rosy

    PKR 3 weeks post PKR: question about pain meds

    Cedar 41: I miss my glass of wine at night too :-). I love that you bring that up!! I am having kombucha as "pretend" wine--not really fooling myself. I have found that the aspect of managing medication is really challenging. Enjoy that glass of wine.
Back
Top Bottom