Recent content by Rosie Outlook

  1. Rosie Outlook

    Bilateral TKR Recovery BTKR July 9,2013

    Thank you all for the feedback. Yes, our pets do know how to relax :sleep: Guess I need to remember the other mantra about giving things the time they need to resolve themselves. Yes, I am anxious to move forward, but need to continue to relax a bit myself. It just seems so long. Today...
  2. Rosie Outlook

    Bilateral TKR Recovery BTKR July 9,2013

    Thank you both again for responding to my questions. Gotta say in retrospect my surgeon and his team may have not adequately prepared me for the recovery portion of my adventure. Thank God for people like you! :angel: I think I sometimes feel lazy because I need to rest so much. I think my...
  3. Rosie Outlook

    Bilateral TKR Recovery BTKR July 9,2013

    Hello everyone. Been away a while brooding and feeling sorry for myself...ugh! ROM still suffering. PT told me yesterday she was pushing with all her might and squeaked a 100 from my right knee. Can someone tell me what the recommendations for exercise is on a daily basis? I am probably...
  4. Rosie Outlook

    Bilateral TKR Recovery BTKR July 9,2013

    Thank you for the information Roy. I am getting so many mixed signals with the various facets of my "recovery". It seems that most of the therapists I come across are very confused by my Bilateral. I guess I thought it was more common, but I guess not.
  5. Rosie Outlook

    Bilateral TKR Recovery BTKR July 9,2013

    Hi again everyone. I am worried about my ROM. I have only 80 in my left leg and 83 in my right. The doc indicated I should be at 90 (3 weeks out). Has anyone had this experience. I cant seem to stand when the PT tries to push my knees harder. I read all of the articles I could find on the...
  6. Rosie Outlook

    Bilateral TKR Recovery BTKR July 9,2013

    May I ask what was your rehab hospital? Except at Bowman years ago (and I suspect before the anti-opioid paranoia in the medical community), I found that I had to be quite proactive about getting adequate and timely pain control. Now that I'm home and able to drive (and thus able to fill my...
  7. Rosie Outlook

    Bilateral TKR Recovery BTKR July 9,2013

    Hello everyone! First I would like to thank you all for the support pre-op. It made the process much easier to navigate. The surgery took several hours and I awoke with two leg immobilizers. They got me to a standing position the same day. The next day they had me take a couple of steps...
  8. Rosie Outlook

    The 9th can't come soon enough

    Hi Mari! Having surgery with you tomorrow! Yes, the pain is unbelievable. I had shots as well that have worn off. It feels like I am walking with glass in my knees and legs are very heavy! However, how great is it to have found this forum! Look forward to seeing you on the other side...
  9. Rosie Outlook

    BTKR on July 9th. Nervous and Excited

    Thank you thank you all you wonderful people for the kind words and good advice. :angel: Tomorrow is the big day and I am still apprehensive and excited, but you have helped immensely on the apprehension. I believe, as you have all indicated, the "not knowing what to expect" is the hardest...
  10. Rosie Outlook

    BTKR on July 9th. Nervous and Excited

    Hi everyone! Decided to start my own thread. My BTKR is scheduled for July 9th. I am both nervous and excited. My right knee is in bad bad shape and wakes me sometimes. Need to have the replacements done...can barely walk or climb stairs in my house. Nervous about: Anesthesia, nerve block...
  11. Rosie Outlook

    BTKR Apprehensive as time is getting closer.

    Hi NeedNewNees! Me too! Having BTKR on July 9th. I am overweight (extremely obese) my hubby is mobility challenged. So I share your anxiety! I will be going to rehab for a "couple of weeks" once I am done at the hospital. Dont know how long they are keeping me. My head is literally...
  12. Rosie Outlook

    July 2013 Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Hi Everyone! Having BTKR on July 9th. First time I have tried to post to a forum. Probably made a mistake.
Back
Top Bottom