Recent content by Rosasweeney13

  1. R

    THR Hip pain

    I have gone backto the original doctor. I also have been referred to neuro, rheumatology, ortho, and nephrology. No answers on the cause. I am taking a lot of different meds for the pain. Hoping on Thursday to get some answers from my EMG
  2. R

    THR Hip pain

    Hello everyone, is been a long time but my hip journey was going great. At least until recently. I had a kidney infection on my right side where I had my THR. I ended up having a ureteral stent placed for a month and then had it removed once my infection went away. The problem happened the day...
  3. R

    THR Hip pain

    August update! It's been 7 months since you total right hip surgery! I work out 6 days a week, I haven't tried running but I can walk with ease. I still have minor numbing on my thigh. Other than that I do not notice any issues. I don't have pain and I feel likey activity levels are wher ethey...
  4. R

    THR Hip pain

    Update!!!! Going on 12 weeks post op and while my thigh muscle is still kinda numb, I have been pain free. I started walking my usual route, working out in the mornings and sometimes adding some yoga in the afternoons. I feel like a brand new person! It was a difficult rough first 6 weeks and...
  5. R

    THR Hip pain

    I am doing fantastic! I was cleared to start to do more activities on week 6 and I slowly started incorporating new things like walking longer, exercising to strengthen these weak muscles lol. But i am back to almost normal. I am working out low impact, taking my kids to the park, doing normal...
  6. R

    THR Hip pain

    I haven't been active at all, I walk at most 15minutes per walk and I mostly sit or lay with elevation. I do my exercises and try to walk at home, I haven't yet been able to go grocery shopping or tried anything longer than 15 minutes due to the pain. I'm concerned because again I'm not active...
  7. R

    THR Hip pain

    Well I am on week 6 of recovery. Kinda dealing with alot of pain even with pain meds, lots of swelling and my knee is still hurting. I had surgery on my knee in May 2020, I am wondering if I should get it revised since all components need to work together. My groin pain came back and I am...
  8. R

    THR RTHR Recovery with young children - tips?

    I had to switch to pads.its really alot of ingenuity to learn to do many things with restrictions. My surgery is anterior so I have an easier time. Im surprised they are doing lateral, my AVN was extremely bad, I had no femoral head at all. I do recomend buying a hip kit from Amazon. It has bee...
  9. R

    THR RTHR Recovery with young children - tips?

    If you have any questions let me know and I'll gladly answer them. Im curently on week five of recovery and it is getting easier to take care of my toddler and a puppy. 12 weeks is a long time for commitment I am sure, but I think it depends on how you feel post surgery. Week 1 I felt like I was...
  10. R

    THR sandiegomom in recovery

    @HipMom143 Hey, I am 4 weeks post op with a toddler! I know, how have I managed?!! First I would suggest if you have little ones this small ask for a friend to help. My friend would come and help for 2 hrs so I could rest the first 2weeks. By week 3 I had a routine where her clothes were all...
  11. R

    THR Hip pain

    Is it possible to lose weight after surgery? I have lost 5lbs since surgery. I was on a weightloss journey before my surgery so my eating habits have been the same. The only thing that changed was my activity level, I went from working out 6 days a week to nothing. So I was actually thinking I...
  12. R

    THR Hip pain

    I've made it to week 4! Week 3 I started walking more and more around the house. I did 2 small trips with my husband to the store. Everyday is getting better. The hip kit is a must for the days when I am alone. I lean be more independent with it.
  13. R

    THR Hip pain

    Thanks! I did notice it hurts more when I use shoes that I had pre-surgery. I bought new shoes to wear around the house and felt a difference.
  14. R

    THR Hip pain

    Lately I've been having pain at the bottom of my foot. The ball of my foot to my toes and also at my heel. Is it normal? I feel like I have plantar facitis, but I never had this issue before. Im worried that it is a new issue.
  15. R

    THR Hip pain

    I had my post-op appt today and I asked. She said I didn't have to wear them all the time and She was recommending only wearing them at night or when I have long car rides(my ortho appts are 1.5 hrs away). She said to take breaks and wear them for 8 hrs minimum. I have plantar facitis pain on my...
Back
Top Bottom