Hi Team, Sorry for the radio silence!! Just about 8 months post op. The knee seems very stable, but my surgeon reminds me - 12-18months minimum recovery. I still get a bit of fluid down my leg, but hopeful that this might back off a bit with stopping the Celecoxib in the last few days. That...
Thanks all. I have read the Baker's Cyst article and read plenty of others as well!! I went to see a Nurse Practitioner today to get Celebrex script which will see me through to seeing my OS on 21st January. She has given some good pointers. One is to heat pack and cold pack for 2 minutes each...
Thanks everyone, I have now had an ultrasound that has identified that I have a complex Baker's Cyst that has ruptured!! There are no hematoma issues. I will continue to be very careful, elevate as much as possible. I must say it is not nice and changes from day to day. Any suggestions welcome...
The physio said there is definite inflammation behind the knee. She has given the area some good massage and relieved it somewhat. It could be a Bakers Cyst, however that is unlikely as these occur more from repeated squats and weight bearing. Probably just an inflammation from all that is...
So a quick follow up. Since the 'change' on Monday, I have discovered that when I sit in a chair and get up if have quite a bot of pain behind the knee and that area is tender to touch (it was not at all before). I have a bit of fluid around my ankle/lower leg that is new. I am trying to elevate...
Hi all, 8 1/2 weeks out from surgery. The Quad that locked has freed up (probably was a small bleed as the OS said). I keep on with exercises and use my mountain bike on the road for 15 minute rides as well as the indoor bike. Still taking the Celebrex. This morning the knee felt somewhat...
Hi Team,
Well the Knee Surgeon couldn't believe how well I walked into his surgery 2 days ago. He expected me to have a degree of difficulty given the nature of what he had to do with this second revision. He was very happy with my recovery to date and said the quad issue i had was most likely...
Hi Team,
Thanks for the messages. Everything has been going fine. ROM around 115. Still having a short sleep most afternoons!! So I am just over 6 weeks out, but dead on 6 weeks my inner thigh quad muscle decided that was enough and decided to lock up on me - pain!! It has eased off but limited...
Thanks so much for the encouragement. I am being very careful and do not intend to overdo it. I take the advice and look forward to continuing with further reports with progress. ROM is around 90, and very happy with that and hope to see that progress as healing happens and swelling reduces. As...
Hi Team,
Two weeks and one day post surgery, and the difference between my previous two replacements and this one is astounding. I am doing very well, mobilising without crutches in the home. I function from bed as it is the best place to keep my leg raised (I work from my computer). I do four...
Hi all, my surgery went ahead on 17th and I was home on the 20th! Surgery was in 2 stages and took 5.5hrs. They used spinal and also a general anesthetic due to the length of the op. I was standing that night and walking with a frame and then crutches the following day. I am amazed at my...
I had a phone appointment with my surgeon this week. He is back from leave and so I clarified with him if he routinely does 2 stage revision on the same day for all revisions. He said only where he considers that there may be a low grade infection lurking. Clinical Manager was wrong!! He said it...
Well I am 6 days away from my 3rd replacement in the right knee. I have been extremely careful about not scratching myself, and yesterday I put a relatively small scratch on my right foot - it has dried up and scabbed over and looks fine. Then today walking past a clothes rack, my thin skinned...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.