Recent content by rogersne

  1. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    Ok 15 weeks out. Everything is so much better. I have slight pain rt lat side of knee. This seems to swell slightly. Most of my job consists of bending walking and standing. The first weeks were tough. Had to get doc to make me a new release as we were shorthanded at work. I dont think he...
  2. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    I dont really have time to ice at work. I do it for an hour when I get home. Getting easier all the time.
  3. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    Ok its been awhile. I went to my doctor for my 8 weeks release. He said because of what I do I could only do 4 hour days. Alternate sitting and standing. He actually told my husband that waiting till mid January would be a good idea. Sure stirred things up. Anyway went back for the 4 hours...
  4. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    ThAnks for all the helpful replies. I'mI've only had the one fall and it did more damage to my face than knees. How long does pt usually take.? I took my 4 weeks and she said I had met all my goals. Not sure what the goals are. Besides balance and rom. She said if I waned more insurance would...
  5. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    I think I'm depressed. I don't want to get out and do anything. Half way through a trip to Walmart I had to snit on a bench and wait my knees hurt all the time if I don't take my meds but everybody keeps saying I should be cutting back. How long do people need pain pills after bilateral knees...
  6. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    Thanks for replying. It's funny I was the one that wanted to drop about 20 lbs before the surgery. I ate very healthy the 2 months before the surgery. Made the 20 lbs 10 more came off after the surgery. Doc told me stop dieting or you won't heal.( I have a feeling I ehould hVe recorded that as...
  7. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    I thinkb he means 4 weeks but I'm like you o. Narcotics I have to go about it 17 miles both ways and I'm like you on narcotics so I doubt if I will drive when he says I can he did not tell me to stop taking the narcotics either as long as long as no holds out I'll have him drive his me
  8. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    It's me again. Things seem to be going fine. Still worn out all the time. Stopped using a walker and am onto the sparkley cane granddaughter thought I needed. Pt is 3 days a week. This week I have dr appt after pt. got my staples out. That was not the most pleasant thing but no more snagging...
  9. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    thanks so much for the quick reply. You made me feels so much better. I guess its take it ad it comes . thanks again
  10. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    OK I've read the mantras and the healing advise timelines . but I'm so tired ,I go to town 3 days a week for lab and pt. Pt is 1 1/2 hours. When I'm done I get home an go straight to bed to ice. I wake several times during the night but go back to sleep. I take norco motrin and Valium for pain...
  11. rogersne

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    . 4days out Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  12. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    Continued she pushed me the 3 blocks to pt and had just pulled int pt when a blonde Barbie nurse came running in and acted like we stole the chair. She actually yelled at. Us in front of a room full of people. Wow an id loved all the nurses so far. Any way first pt was petty easy. Rom is 107...
  13. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    Ok thought I replyed yesterday got out on sun. they came in at 4 for vitals 5 for blood can't get the Coumadin adjusted 6 for vitals again Bp is still low. Said as soon as doc came in I could leave. Got up dressed picked at some breakfast. (Still not hungry) then the wait began. Told my husband...
  14. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    Ok up sitting in chair they are having a hard time getting the med combinations right. Yesterday walked to the sun room took a shower and then went to bed woke up in so much pain.they really don't believevin ice unless you ask specifically. Which I did. Norco and Valium seems to help a lot. I am...
  15. rogersne

    Bilateral TKR I made it

    Thanks everybody. Things didn't go so well after I got back to my room. Moraine pump I started to feel my legs agin so I pushed the button. 3 min later I had horrible chest pain and could not breath. Shivering so bad thought I'd never get warm. 4 m. Of morphine. Blood pressure drops to 30 over...
Back
Top Bottom