Recent content by robograndma

  1. R

    TKR One week post TKR surgery - March 28

    Hi @71Beetle ! I should be asking how you are doing! :wow:, second knee already......good for you! I hope all is well. I am doing very well. Coming up 4 months. I have been really busy. Went back to work second week of June. I thought all the standing could be a problem for my knee but...
  2. R

    TKR One week post TKR surgery - March 28

    If the truth be known it was my son-in-law. Love him dearly but sometimes :doh::flabber:
  3. R

    TKR One week post TKR surgery - March 28

    Thanks @71Beetle ! The weather here is kind of cool and cloudy also but it looks like we have lovely weather ahead. I will send some your way!
  4. R

    TKR One week post TKR surgery - March 28

    I had an unfortunate incident yesterday with a very upset cat who was being transported in my car to the vets for an eye infection. He was not contained. The owner felt he could hold him :catdance: until the cat dug his claws in to his chest and jumped out of his arms and onto my lap, while I...
  5. R

    TKR One week post TKR surgery - March 28

    SUCCESS! It was actually much easier getting out of the bathtub than off the floor onto the squishy couch! :bath: Happy happy happy! :happydance:
  6. R

    TKR One week post TKR surgery - March 28

    Thanks @JustJeff I watched the video and realized that is exactly how I used to get off the floor before surgery because of pain in the knees. I am going to pick up an anti-slip pad today for the tub and then start paracticing. Can't wait to submerge!
  7. R

    Bilateral TKR JustJeff 4/9/14

    Hi Jeff! I just read your entire thread. You have had an amazing journey! I am about two weeks ahead of you with just one TKR and not even close to what you are accomplishing. I did have a two week detour along the way and am still trying to make up for that. You are inspiring me to keep...
  8. R

    TKR One week post TKR surgery - March 28

    Oi...I really reallllly want to have a bath! I am 8 weeks out and my bend is at 105°. I am fairly strong in my upper body. I used to have a bath EVERY night before bed :-( . Obviously I have been having showers for the last three months. I am scared to have a bath. Not sure how to go about...
  9. R

    TKR One week post TKR surgery - March 28

    I have been given a project to do at home well I am convalescing which involves sitting at the computer. I have learned that sitting at a computer for a couple of hours is NOT a good thing :bignono:. In fact sitting for any length of time seems to be difficult even at seven weeks out. :shrug:
  10. R

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Happy Victoria Day Lisa! When I had my spasm issue with my sciatic nerve at four weeks I used my heating pad a lot on my lower back, hip, and thigh. Never on my knee! It was my only relief. By the way, the spasms, which immobilized me for a week and a half, were not a 'typical' reaction to...
  11. R

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Yes, one is still in the oven! Due end of June. That will make three boys and three girls from my two children (boy and girl). We all live in Victoria! Living on the tip of the island everyone is close!
  12. R

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Oh, and being an avid golfer I can understand your husband's love for his hobby, fishing. I would think, though, you being in Canada and all, we are sill talking ice fishing at this time? :realing::snow dig: :heehee:.....that's a joke right Phil?! Ottawa temp today 24 celcius (around 80...
  13. R

    TKR Canadian Girl's Journey

    Hi Lisa! I am 7 weeks post-op and can relate to everything you are saying. One of the shocks for me was the amount of pain in the rest of my leg, not my knee, which makes sense when I remember the amount of hammering going on during my surgery! I often use a heating pad on my quad while...
  14. R

    TKR One week post TKR surgery - March 28

    Thanks Caryl! I actually didn't regress which was my fear. I stayed the same on the bend and now am at 103 degrees at 6.5 weeks out. I have started doing pool exercises as well now and am trying not to over do it. I tried something for the first time the other day....accupuncture. It is...
  15. R

    TKR One week post TKR surgery - March 28

    Saw the OS today. I am doing fine and back on course although he wants to see me more often because I have had issues. I will see him in 3 weeks. Because physio got sidelined and I was basically a vegetable for a week and a half he said something about maybe having to do some kind of...
Back
Top Bottom