Recent content by robertapi

  1. robertapi

    TKR Knew a new knee

    @Josephine, you are absolutely right, NO ONE can go to work and not get involved. Nope, nope,nope. I should have known better. So of course, I went in again today. Because they neeeeeeeed me. But it was a good knee day, light PT at the local hospital, where my therapist wrapped my knee...
  2. robertapi

    TKR Knew a new knee

    I've been deep reading the Recovery library these last few days, trying to heed the chill advice But today, walking with minimal assistance from crutches, I went to the Inn to see how things were going and found myself pulled into the vortex of work that any small business owner will...
  3. robertapi

    TKR One Year Update: problems cycling

    Thank goodness for the icing machine. At two days I was using it almost round the clock. Now at two weeks, it's still my most reliable pain reducing friend
  4. robertapi

    TKR One Year Update: problems cycling

    I think things are going to move right along for you, it sounds like you've got a good support system and a great attitude.
  5. robertapi

    TKR At home TKR recovery questions<

    I had my TKR June 28 so we're in about the same recovery place. Obviously, I can only speak from my experience, but every thing you're going through seem right on track. Sleeping at night is still really hard, but I've found putting a pillow between my legs helps me sleep on my side. I think...
  6. robertapi

    TKR Knew a new knee

    She refered me to my OS. In January, his scheduler put me on the calendar for surgery in June, even before I'd met him. She said, make the appointment, you can always cancel it. When I did meet him, I was glad I liked him a lot. His office was warm and this team welcoming. But it was a...
  7. robertapi

    TKR Knew a new knee

    Excellent advice. I tend to be an "over-do-er" and have already been trying way too hard. I appreciate the admonition :) Six months ago, I learned I needed a TKR on my left knee. I'd had six years of intermittent pain and swelling, then one staggeringly painful episode that started me...
  8. robertapi

    TKR One Year Update: problems cycling

    Wow! What a great report so soon after surgery. I was so addled I don't think I could have remembered how to type at that point. But I do remember my husband and I watched two Giants games from my room in the ortho ward at UCSF.
  9. robertapi

    RTKR in six days! whoa!

    Cheers! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. robertapi

    THR Ready, Set, Recover MommaCatt

    Cheers! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. robertapi

    TKR Knew a new knee

    The best to you, Layla. I'm a Roberta, I only noticed the admonition not to use real names after I chose my handle, so maybe I should stick to Robert ;) I'm so glad to have learned here that all the miseries visited on me after surgery were normal. I had my operation done at a top flight...
  12. robertapi

    TKR Knew a new knee

    Greetings all! I am 12 days post TKR and am so glad to have just found this group. Reading other folks recovery stories has been unbelievably helpful.
Back
Top Bottom