Recent content by Right Hip

  1. R

    THR VSlowLife's Pre-op Questions

    I had two vertebra L4-L5 and L5-S1 fused in 2012 due to scoliosis and arthritis. One month ago, June 27th, I had à Total Right Hip Replacement , with the surgeon using the anterior approach. I did not have any dislocations. I am 68, and my right hip was higher than my left one prior to the...
  2. R

    Post-op dog care question

    Thanks for your good wishes
  3. R

    Questions re referred pain

    "The hip bone is connected to the leg bone. The leg bone is connected to the knee bone, etc. ". Plus all the muscles attached to those bones. My whole right side and gait have been thrown off by my bad, arthritic right hip. And that means pain down my whole right side. That's what I have...
  4. R

    Questions re referred pain

    I too have referred pain going down my effected let ... All the way to the ankle some days. It's keeping me in bed mostly until my hip replacement surgery on Thursday. "The hip bond's connected to the key bone. The key bond's connected to the knee bone. ..etc." As that old song says, it's...
  5. R

    Dr Choices

    St. John's Regional Hospital in Oxnard has the highest rating locally for successful hip replacement s. If one of the two surgeons operates there, that is the one I'd choose. Otherwise, Google/ search for web sites that have hospital ratings for the procedure.
  6. R

    Gearing Up for Round Two

    I am also angry with my body ... So much so that I am donating my body to UCLA medical school after I'm dead. I had melanoma at age 36. Right knee replacement a few years ago. Both big toe joints replaced and then fused after the replacement material disintegrated in both big toes. My back...
  7. R

    Post-op dog care question

    I have a June 27th THR scheduled surgery and own a Chihuahua. Should I schedule long-term care for him, or will I be able to bend over to do it myself?
Back
Top Bottom