Recent content by Rich75

  1. R

    THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

    Hi all quick check in....Surgeon didn't call in the end but don't think it was necessary tbh. Seem to have plateaued a bit a the moment. I'm at 15.5 weeks now. Still have pain close to the joint but not in the joint. Thigh pain is still there depending on what im up to. That said I'm swimming...
  2. R

    THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

    Fathers day bike ride went really well (aside from moodiness from my 11 year old son but waddayagonnado). Ice pack afterwards to counteract any potential aching. Was careful on dismounting on the good leg. Managed to ramp up my swimming a bit this week stopped at 1k before I got carried away. No...
  3. R

    THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

    Yes I couldn't believe it! Sockaid has been invaluable though. Thank you much appreciated @benne68 I'm looking forward to it
  4. R

    THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

    Thank you will make sure I remember that
  5. R

    THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

    Retrospective thank you for this :) I'm over 11 weeks now and I've got into the routine of doing a few shorter walks a day not pushing it too but also swimming a couple of times a week which is fine at the moment. I'm walking better no limping now too. Still needing ice packs now and again...
  6. R

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Sorry to hear youre struggling I hope this works out for you. I'm only on 11.5 weeks so it's relatively early but I'm a similar age to you and went into the operation in good shape physically aside from my hip problem as well. I'm still getting alot of pain if I'm sat for any length of time...
  7. R

    THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

    Having a tough day. I've aggravated my hip (in the ODIC). I know it will pass but had an awful day trying to work from home couldn't concentrate at all, terrible stinging pain I've not had since before the operation. Ice, painkillers and rest when possible now for the weekend. Hopefully it will...
  8. R

    THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

    Hey @Newhip_Pol thank you! I guess i am doing well week on week. Sounds like you're coming along nicely too. Love hearing from people who are that much further along with positive messages and their progress. I'm really careful in my few swimming sessions not too push it so far as I'm used to...
  9. R

    THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

    Thank you! I was in last night for a bit. Feels great to be back swimming again
  10. R

    THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

    Thanks so much Layla Huge milestone especially when I look at were I was on my 1 month anniversary, i was still on 2 walking sticks, alot of meds and unable to drive at all. Past all of that now. Looking forward to more pain being eroded over the coming months Thanks again
  11. R

    THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

    I've been 3 times in the past week or so. Just kept it simple I've done some underwater 'striding'?! plus a bit of swimming I was a regular 1k - 1m before the operation - albeit I'd regulate that because of the subsequent pain :(. The gentle sessions the last week have been good, I have been...
  12. R

    THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

    Yes he said avoid breaststroke for a few months. Which I said fine I can't stand breastroke anyway I just do front crawl and a bit of backstroke mainly. The thought of not thinking about my hip would be the absolute dream. Let's see how the next few months unfolds
  13. R

    THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

    Just to be out of pain down to a 1-2 so I hardly notice it is the aim long term and then to be able to swim 3-4 times a week in terms of fitness.
  14. R

    THR 6 weeks post THR still in pain

    I was just going to ask about PT. I'm at 8.5 weeks now nearly 2 months post THR. Don't know when is the right time to go ahead with actual physio. I'm doing daily routine some - not excessive - exercises, few walks also doing light swimming been twice in the last week with no real ill affects...
  15. R

    THR Spongebob's Recovery Journey

    Caveat that I'm only 2 months in but still found that both driving (only short distances at the moment) and being sat down for any length of time, pain increases a fair bit. Also I've found that even though I'm sleeping much better now week on week I'm in a fair bit of pain when I wake up. My...
Back
Top Bottom