Recent content by Ricandmax

  1. R

    TKR Made it to the other side

    It's day five after my surgery and am doing pretty good. I stopped the OxyContin two days ago and so far the cocktail that dr prescribed(Celebrex,lyrica and 1000 mg of Tylenol) twice daily seems to be controlling my pain. I haven't been over a 2 the past several days. I do elevate all the...
  2. R

    TKR Made it to the other side

    What mg of the oxytocin Do you take. My dr prescribed one to two tablets every four hours and I find when I took the one didn't have side effects, but didn't really control the pain. It could have been because I waited so long and my pain level was so high. One other concern I have is...
  3. R

    TKR Made it to the other side

    The pain last night was horrible. I took one OxyContin around three in morning when my pain level was up to an 8. Then at 7 I took two which is my dr. Ordered. It's not the that I get drowsy but it kind of works opposite on me. My insides just shake and I truly feel like I'm having a nervous...
  4. R

    TKR Made it to the other side

    The pain level is increasing, nurse gave me ice packs which is helping a lot. Knee doesn't seem as angry any more. Nurse feels like I did way too much. Did more walking than I should have and the knee was not happy. I'm getting my cocktail shortly so hopefully it will ease the pain a...
  5. R

    TKR Made it to the other side

    My surgery was yesterday and went well. I had a spinal and a nerve block. So far I have been lucky in my recovery. As I am trying to avoid opiates as they don't agree with me, I have been taking Celebrex, lyrica and 1000mg Tylenol. So far it has been controlling my pain. My surgeon came...
  6. R

    2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Just got my surgery time- 11:15Am. I feel like my life is on hold until this surgery is done. I do tend to be a drama queen lol. I think my biggest concern, besides the pain, is pain management. Good luck with your surgery
  7. R

    Anxious about my upcoming tkp

    I'm new to this forum and am so glad that I found it. I am schedule for my TKR on May 23. I think every hour I am tempted to cancel. I have been scouring the internet to read everything I can about TKR. People are telling me not to but I like to be well informed. Of course I'm nervous...
  8. R

    2016 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    I'm new to this forum. Scheduled for TKP on May 23 (left knee). I am very anxious and keep thinking about cancelling. I know I can't unless I want to spend the rest of my life not going anywhere, but I am really scared. I don't know if I'm more scared of the pain or the opiates (I have a...
Back
Top Bottom