Recent content by RGRG

  1. R

    PKR Three year Mako PKR Update

    I haven’t been on this forum for almost 3 years but wanted to give you all an update. On October 23, 2017 I had a partial knee replacement using the Mako robot assist method. The first six months after the surgery were very difficult. I had a physical therapist working me too hard, a physical...
  2. R

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    The tape will stay on for several days if you want it that long. No problem with it staying on if you shower or bath. I had real trouble with my upper patellar tendon as well as pain on the inner portion of my knee. I also taped for quad pain. All seemed to help, especially if I knew is was...
  3. R

    PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

    Hi Jockette, I also had a PKR done the end of Oct. 2017. I have used KT tape and did it myself. I went to You Tube and searched for videos of taping knees after replacement. This did and still does help me. I never taped over the incision. Hope this helps! Craig
  4. R

    PKR Makoplasty Recovery<

    Hello, I wanted to give a 12 week update on my patella femoral PKR, Makoplasty. I hope that this update helps others that may be considering a PKR. The good news: -surgeon says I am doing well -ROM is up and down but easily over 100 degree flexion and is 0 degrees extension -pain is minimal...
  5. R

    Denied for PKR by insurance

    Hello archery79, I had a pkr Patella femoral replacement 11 weeks ago. They did use the Mako robot to perform the surgery and the surgeon was experienced. This makes the revision rate miniscual as it relates to error. They have also recently greatly improved the pkr components, and there are...
  6. R

    PKR Makoplasty Recovery<

    Hello @Josephine, here is another pic. Hopefully it is better. Thanks, Craig I have attached a photo of my knees to show the swelling. Not sure how severe it is never had any kind of operation in the past. This picture also shows the two extra holes they put near my patella tendon and quad...
  7. R

    PKR Makoplasty Recovery<

    Thank you @SusieShoes. I appreciate the information. I have attached a photo of my knees to show the swelling. Not sure how severe it is never had any kind of operation in the past. This picture also shows the two extra holes they put near my patella tendon and quad muscle for the camera and...
  8. R

    PKR Makoplasty Recovery<

    Thank you @Josephine. I will reread and adjust accordingly. Thanks, Craig
  9. R

    PKR Makoplasty Recovery<

    Thanks @Josephine, I appreciate the advice. Been a while since I posted. Below are a few updates: I am down to taking about 800 mg of ibuprofen per day and 500 mg of Tylenol Very little actual pain at any time Daily activity includes recumbent bike for 10-15 minutes (smooth and slow no tension)...
  10. R

    PKR Makoplasty Recovery<

    Thanks again @Josephine, My responses are below: 1. actual pain 2-3, stiffness 8. When I do my exercise particularly chair slides and SLRs the pain is more like 6-7 right above the knee and in quads. 2. I took Oxycodone for a week. Stopped on Oct 31 did not need it anymore. I am now taking...
  11. R

    Partial Knee Replacement

    Hello @altrky17, I just wanted to chime in and give you some encouragement. I had a PKR Patella Femoral replacement on October 23, 2017. Going into the surgery I realize that there’s risk with anything but based on advice I trusted the process. They did use the Mako robot to perform the surgery...
  12. R

    PKR Makoplasty Recovery<

    Hello @Josephine, thanks for the thoughts. I would be happy to answer any questions. I really appreciate the advice! Thanks, Craig
  13. R

    PKR Makoplasty Recovery<

    Again I appreciate the help SusieShoes and KarriB! I’m taking it one day at a time doing my exercises the doctor told me to do and a bit of walking. Continuing the good fight, sleep is improving, diet seems to be improving, pain is lessening. My struggle truly is with my quads but I know it...
  14. R

    PKR Makoplasty Recovery<

    Thank you so much KarriB! Really appreciate the advice. I tend to overdo things, so every little bit of advice will help me. Any thoughts on the severely tight quads that knot up from time to time would be appreciated. I talked to a distant friend today who had a TKR the first of Oct and he...
  15. R

    PKR Makoplasty Recovery<

    Good Morning Julie, wow your night sounds so familiar to what I was going through. I did not sleep through the night for months before my PKR. Severe ache through the knee and thigh made me immobile. My kneecap had slid to the side and rubbed all the cartilage off. I will say that sleep has...
Back
Top Bottom