Recent content by RGLieblein

  1. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    I met with my surgeon yesterday to review my MRIs, and the news is good: nothing in my left hip or lumbar spine that should be causing the pain I’ve been experiencing. Whew! The left hip (2nd THA) has actually seen a lot of improvement over the past 2 weeks. I’m now able to put on socks, get...
  2. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    An update as I await my MRIs next week… My right hip (the “good one”) has been experiencing progressively worse groin pain since early October. Very different from the other hip, though—I have no problem lifting the knee or doing a straight leg raise, but sitting has become impossible for any...
  3. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    Thanks @Jamie, you’re a peach!:) Doing my best to keep spirits up—made dinner tonight in alternating shifts of cutting, resting, more prep work, more resting, cooking, eating, and now more resting! I typically do most of the cooking, but not so much lately. My wife (another peach) deserved a...
  4. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    That’s my thinking too, @barbloki. Hopefully the MRIs will provide some answers. I chose HSS because they have such a great reputation and my expectations were extremely high. I’m starting to feel let down.
  5. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    Same thing is going through my mind too, @barbloki. I guess the MRI will give a fuller picture.
  6. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    I sent my OS a detailed summary of what I’m going through and requested an earlier follow-up. He wants to get MRIs of the hip and my lumbar spine to get a clearer picture of what’s going on. Unfortunately, the earliest I could get the MRI appointment is 11/14, and then I’ll keep my scheduled...
  7. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    The thought crossed my mind too, because at my initial follow-up he suggested that the tendon might be rubbing against it. At a subsequent appointment he didn’t bring it up and instead offered up the possibility I mentioned previously. I’m assuming he’ll read the radiologist’s report, but I’ll...
  8. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    Today I saw the radiologist’s report on my injection procedure, and he referenced “a bony irregularity at the anterior margin of the acetabulum that contacts the undersurface of the iliopsoas tendon.” It may be the same bone spur my OS pointed out on x-ray during my first follow-up, and is clear...
  9. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    I’ll see what happens over the next few days. I was told it could take up to 7 days for it to take effect. I gave my doctor a heads-up that the lidocaine didn’t give me that initial boost, but he said he expects the cortisone to work. Of course, he wouldn’t prescribe the procedure if he didn’t...
  10. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    Thanks @Jamie, great point. I guess I was just really looking forward to a pain free block of time! And yes, my follow up is several weeks away on November 19.
  11. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    Had the injection this morning and was kind of surprised that I got zero pain relief from the lidocaine. I typically hear about those first few hours of bliss the anesthetic brings, but that wasn’t my experience. Could this mean that Iliopsoas was the wrong target for the injection versus...
  12. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    Haha! I joined that club after my first THR. Not looking to re-up that membership!
  13. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    My posts have had a lot of angst lately so I wanted to share something more uplifting… I went to see a new PT today. Paid out of pocket and it was worth every penny. So good to be able to work with someone who can devote an entire hour to my situation exclusively. Lots of work on the soft...
  14. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    Thanks @Hip4life. I sure do hope my doc’s instincts are on target and the injection gets me back on the recovery track. I read your story in a different thread a few weeks ago when I was trying to get a sense of the “what ifs.” It sounds like you went through a lot and I’m glad you’re back in...
  15. R

    THR RGLieblein’s Second Recovery Journey

    Saw my OS yesterday and he’s convinced it is indeed a very stubborn case of iliopsoas tendinitis I’m dealing with. He speculates that something happened not long after the surgery, like a torn capsule suture from overexertion, that made the tendon extremely angry. He recommends an injection...
Back
Top Bottom