Recent content by Reich4313

  1. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    @Josephine, alas I do not have a copy of the last xray. Any ideas on why my knee would be wanting to buckle forward lately? It didn't even do that when the quad injury was at its worst. Quad is feeling pretty good, not 100% but getting much better. I am getting a brace from my PT to stop it...
  2. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    I am still having a lot of pain on the inside of my right knee. It feels like it is in the joint and it clicks every time I move it. I went and saw my OS who says everything is fine. He X-ray the knee and said it looks good. Some days later I happened to look at my online medical records and...
  3. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    Ok I am still really swollen, stiff and in pain. Is this normal? My OS, who I saw yesterday seems reluctant to say anything might be awry, it's like he's paranoid of being sued. I had the injury at seven weeks in which I partially tore a muscle and avulsed a tendon from the patella. But that was...
  4. R

    TKR Alfie's Dec 2 recovery

    Hi Alfie, Sounds like you're doing pretty well. I had my RTKR right about the same time as you, Dec. fifth. I have been back at work since three weeks out and am glad, but it takes a toll on my knee and leg. I still get quite swollen and stiff. I am really looking forward to a complete recovery...
  5. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    @Josephine I have been doing those exercises at my dr's direction. I have not been going to PT but doing them on my own. The creases only showed up after my injury seven weeks after my TKR. It has now been 11 weeks since TKR but 4 weeks since injury. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    I should have tagged @Josephine so she'll see the above. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    I have been doing those things. That's what my Dr told me to do!!!! I've also attached a photo. Blech! And a photo of my other knee for comparison
  8. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    I am SOOOOO frustrated and depressed! It has been four weeks since I fell and injured my quad. It is still so very weak and painful it feels like I will never be normal again. I can't walk any sort of distance or stand for long without feeling like my knee is going to collapse. Part of my...
  9. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    Hi @Josephine, Unfortunately it does say "shelp". Clearly a typo on the part of the person doing the entry... I'm at a loss save for what the Doc told me verbally. Which is that there was a partial tear and partial disconnection from the patella. The worst thing for me is that my kneecap has...
  10. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    I received the official results of my knee sonogram from the injury nearly three weeks ago. @Josephine or anyone else know how to interpret this?: "Acute partial-thickness insertional tear of the distal quadriceps' tendinous complex, limited to its deep lamina, the vastus intermedius tendon...
  11. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    @Josephine you sure seem to have been right. The partial tear and detachment does not require immediate surgery. Second opinion doc wants to heal for four more weeks, take it real easy and hope it heals enough to not require surgery. I do not need PT until further notice as they can not safely...
  12. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    @Josephine I sure hope you are right! I am very afraid I have an infection since it is much worse than it was a few days after the injury. It is all red and puffy. I am icing and elevating right now and will see the second opinion doctor in the morning. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    Going to get a second opinion this Thursday morning. If this continues to worsen I may go to ER tonight, Tuesday or Wednesday. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  14. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    My Knee, or surrounding tissues, actually seem to be getting worse. Since my re-injury ten days ago, this is by far the worst it's felt. Sunday was a very light day with only light walking and stairs around the house. Monday was a snow day and I did very little. Sunday swelling was down...
  15. R

    TKR Injury at 7 weeks out from TKR

    @oldrugbyprop what led you and your OS to believe you had an infection? I sure hope you got ahead of it and I'll keep you posted. My fever and chills came back like three days after the course of antibiotics. I am trying to get in to see my OS today but we just had a blizzard in Chicago so...
Back
Top Bottom