Recent content by Ref1

  1. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    Hi Had 2nd TKR revision March 2023 due to loose hardware from 1st TKR May 2021 Present 0ctober 2024: Knee is still not right Quads hurt in the morning and if I stay on leg for a few hours the pain below knee starts to impact my movement Have to rest and use ice I had a bone scan in August...
  2. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    100mg per tab 1per day 7 days 2 per day 3 per day 4 per day
  3. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    not this one After 1st TKR this was done and also nuclear bone scan Wouldn’t want a 3rd knee operation Hopefully it is something else Thank u
  4. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    Gabapentin was prescribed for back issues that might be related to my knee Started out low doses 1 a day for a week then progress up to 4x a day dr states by looking at X-ray and manipulating knee it is not loose after 11 months out Just trying to figure out and read cortisone shot might...
  5. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    hello Went to a PM&R doctor who prescribed Gaberpentin Have been on it for 2 months with no results. Can this Revision prosthesis be loose? if so, not sure I want a third operation on this knee. Looking for alternatives
  6. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    Has anyone had a cortisone shot after a TKR? It’s been 11 months out and still pain below knee and sore above knee and heard a cortisone shot might help.
  7. R

    Revision TKR Katz 5151 TKR Revisions

    Am with you RTKR and a revision starting in 2021 This revision is more painful than the original tkr How many revisions can u have Keep me posted
  8. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    Thank you appreciate your response Just getting somewhat depressed about knee improvement Why so slow A 2nd revision to believe puts my RTKR more at risk, more complicated and longer rehab Why can’t the DRs. come up with a specific diagnosis all think knee is ok
  9. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    Also pain below knee sharp Quads feel sore and weak
  10. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    RTKR revision March 30,2023 reason: nuclear bone scan revealed loose prosthesis First RTKR February 2021 12 month out from this revision and pain below knee and in quads. Knee was ok at month 5 starting to have pain month 7 below knee and quads Revision dr. took X-rays and said everything...
  11. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    12 months out TKR revision Pain below knee and quad area Normal or ? Hopefully not lose hardware Can’t go through another tkr Dr says it’s ok but want progress to take place
  12. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    Had TKR revision 11 months ago Quads were weak I did exercises that hopefully would strengthen them Have now quads and buttocks pain until I ice the area and take Ibuprofen Pain comes after being on leg for several hours. I saw the orthopedic and he took XRAYS. X-rays were negative and Dr...
  13. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    Well here it is 8 months out from Revision TKR. Pain in quads still there with redness and warm knee. Will be seeing doctor next week. In a phone call with the doctor I was concerned about a loose prosthesis again. He stated he didn’t think so “warming is normal”. Just don’t like what I am...
  14. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    I am 7 months out also from a knee revision. Months 4-5 knee felt good. Played golf, biked and walked. Now months 6-7 knee is painful. The quads are sore and pain below the knee. I am not sure what is going on. My right buttocks are sore. Is this normal or is my hip causing the knee pain? I am...
  15. R

    Revision TKR 2TKR not good

    Hello It will be 2 years in February 2023 since TKR on right knee. Knee has been stiff and painful since operation. Going to see another orthopedic dr for a 2nd opinion regarding a revision. I don’t like thinking of a redo. Anyone had a great/good results on a redo? Do they replace all...
Back
Top Bottom