Recent content by REDSING57

  1. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    I can't believe it has almost been a year since my first tkr in June 2019. 2nd tkr in Sept. Thought I'd post how I'm doing lately. I think going up and down stairs is much smoother. When I go walking, our neighborhood is very hilly and I take my cane (I never use it inside). I love going...
  2. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    PS @Jockette I'm so happy for your knee and your recovery. Your story is very encouraging. Congratulations in standing your ground. That's so cool how your body just keeps healing 1, 2 and 3 years later the ROM is better. That's not what I heard from PTs. I read an article here on the...
  3. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    @Jockette thx for that post. Can't figure out how to quote haha! I was thinking in my head what if he fusses, what if he wants to do MUA, what if he....and I kept telling myself I feel better, I'm making great progress, the articles I've read let me know I'm normal in my improvement, if he is...
  4. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    Just got back from appt. with surgeon. Everything went very well and he had some good reminders to walk more consistently maybe alternate days of walking vs recumbent bike. He was pleased with my bending capability and said keep stretching to reach full extension that I'm doing everything...
  5. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    5 months post TKA, 8 months post 1st TKA Good morning! Thought I would post my recovery facts and thoughts. My first knee replacement was mid June 2019 and my 2nd knee replacement was mid September same year. Today I have a follow up with surgeon and am a little nervous. I always feel my...
  6. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    @Jockette you always know what to say to cheer me up. Thx for listening, or reading actually ha!
  7. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    @tlfiore thx for your encouraging words! I'm smiling ear to ear! Love this forum and all the info and comraidee. I had never heard of MUA when my PT mentioned it, 2 weeks later my OS said I was doing fantastic. Go figure. Glad you're seeing progress doing well. Have a wonderful day
  8. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    Good morning! I've read some articles here on magnesium. A pharmacist recommended I take half of a 250 mg tablet. My chiropractor said it wasnt nearly enough. Seemed like that small amount did help some. My quads have been sore and makes it hard to stand up from sitting. Once I'm up each...
  9. R

    TKR at the other end of the pool...

    Hi Katie, I noticed we have the same surgery date. In Sept I had my 2nd TKA, June was my first. I can't imagine having to ride the bus like you have, what a trooper! I'm so glad I had both knees done and thrilled to find this forum. Hope you keep getting stronger and look forward to hearing...
  10. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    It has been 12 weeks now since 2nd TKA. The last month I have mostly worked on ROM exercises, stretches, movement. I've not been back to pt since 5 weeks. I decided since insurance won't cover any more than 20 pt appts per year and the fact that I had 2 knees done didn't faze them one bit...
  11. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    I love this forum Thanks for the ideas, chats, listening while I whine. Love how others can relate
  12. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    Yes. So many things about this I like. I did buy some yarn and crochet hooks but havent taken the time to learn the pattern I need for a scarf or hat..I crocheted when I was babysitting in high school and loved it. But it's been awhile. What can I do now? I just took a shower and stood the...
  13. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    Today was second time I noticed how bad they hurt, not terrible pain, just more stiff and cantankerous than normal. As I told a family member about it I realized the weather connection. Had not put that together before today.
  14. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    Thx @Starsfan22 great suggestion Glad things are getting better. It stormed here today and man o man I felt it before and during. When it's over, I can feel that too. Guess I need a job with the weatherman.
  15. R

    TKR Redsing57 Straight knees for 2nd TKA

    @Jockette I appreciate that. Thx for that validation. I set up a breakfast next week with a good friend and reached out to another via text. I like the favorite movie idea. Keep em coming!
Back
Top Bottom