Recent content by Redsdad

  1. R

    Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

    I should add those meds work great when i really hurt. Bu when its just mild to moderate pain they leave me with a hangove feeling when they wear off. Please dont avoid the meds on my account. You need them now. Im just stubborn. Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  2. R

    Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

    I started early on trying to limit my meds. I am now nearing my 3 month mark on the 18th. I only take 5mg instant release oxycodone.i do not take it regularly. I would take one before going to pt and i take one if the pain gets bad and i have something to do that will involve a lot of getting up...
  3. R

    Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

    True! I worked hard thru all the therapy and while the legs are stronger there is yet room for improvement. Looking forward to a day when the pain is all gone. Thanks for the encouragements! Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  4. R

    Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

    Hi all. Nearing 3 months now since mt BTKR. Lots of pain & stiffness in the mus les & tissues surrounding the knees. Folks say it may takd 6 mos to a year or more for that to go away. If I take oxy its not too bad but Im not willing to let myself get addicted to pain meds. Hoping the healing...
  5. R

    Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

    Had 1st followup yesterday. Staples were removed. Will be able to shower w/o wraping tomorrow. So far. I'm doing great. Already 2 degrees extension and over 125 degrees flexion in both knees. Have a lot of muscle soreness on the top of my thigh in the Quads. Still gently working on stretching to...
  6. R

    One More Day

    Well yes you are! My Son works out that way. When did you have your surgery? Hope your doing well. Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  7. R

    One More Day

    You said practically neighbors. Mind if I ask what part of the country your from? Im 25 days into recovery now from bilatteral tkr. Not much pain but lots of discomfort. Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  8. R

    Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

    Thank You!!! Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  9. R

    Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

    Thanks Celle. Ill try gettin on from a tablet or pc tbough i dont know how Ill get taptalk app on a pc. Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  10. R

    Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

    Now 27 days since Surgery. 8 days in surgical Hospital. Had bleeding issues. Hemaglobin went dowd had to have a single unit blood transfusion. Got transferred to inpatient acute rehab at another local hospital. Spent 8 days there getting 3 hrd therapy per day except Sunday. That Helped alot...
  11. R

    One More Day

    Dr Ballard at Centerpoint did my Surgery. So far everything has gone very well. I feel Blessed! Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  12. R

    Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

    Yes very happy to be home. Scared to death I will have a complication. Feeling scared a lot even though things seem to be going great. Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
  13. R

    Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

    Thanks Celle. My issue is your how to's never match what I see on my Samsung Note 5 running the Androin Nougat op sys. Thus I can never find any menus that match your instructions. The new thread icon very seldom appears and it's always hard to determine if im signed in or just viewing as a...
  14. R

    Bilateral TKR Redsdad recovery thread

    Hi all, its been a while since i last posted. I had btkr on aptil 18 2017. Surgery went well. Stayed in hospital 8 days then transferred to an inpatient acute rehab hospital for about 7 more days. Finally released to come home yesterday. Getting along fairly well. Not taking much pain med at...
Back
Top Bottom