Recent content by Redlipstix

  1. Redlipstix

    Knee Infection Staph infection

    Had revision on 9-23-15 rom 72 today and petaled bike 5 times. Infection stay away! But now got to watch kidneys because antibiotics done some damage hopefully my new kidney doctor will help me. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  2. Redlipstix

    Knee Infection Staph infection

    Got the spacer out on 9-23-15. Let the healing begin. The knee feels different this time not a lot of pain. Stiff .... Pt 3x week. That should be fun. Side affect from antibiotics damaged my kidney however I'm told it can repair itself so I drink water and monitored by dr. I pray God...
  3. Redlipstix

    Knee Infection Staph infection

    Three more days till my revision after an infection. Can't sleep!!!!! The antibacterial showers start tonite. I need to be better...I can't wait to get out of the brace and Walk!!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  4. Redlipstix

    Knee Infection Staph infection

    Thank God my infection wasn't MRSA Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  5. Redlipstix

    Knee Infection Staph infection

    Pic line out! Next surgery for new implant 9-23-15. Many blood tests prior to that to make sure infection is gone. This to shall pass. God is good. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  6. Redlipstix

    Knee Infection Staph infection

    This has been a real test of my patience and faith. Finally took the TED off the good leg and now it swells around my ankle and foot...got to call my primary dr ! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. Redlipstix

    Knee Infection Staph infection

    Thanks for all the encouraging words and helpful advice. I went to doctor today and everything looks good. I can now take brace off twice a day and try to bend i.e. Hang over bed. Shower with caution. New knee surgery date 9-23-2015! Just as long as infectious disease dr clears me and takes...
  8. Redlipstix

    Knee Infection Staph infection

    Any tips on how to shower while in non weight bearing status Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  9. Redlipstix

    Knee Infection Staph infection

    I have an infectious disease dr assigned to my case. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  10. Redlipstix

    Knee Infection Staph infection

    On 11-18-13 I had rtkr I never stopped having pain. Kept going to Dr and all his assistants did was send me to more pt! No pain mess. Well I finally saw him 7-1-15 and was tested for a bunch of things...to find out I have a slow skin staph infection. 7-15-15 replacement removed and medicated...
  11. Redlipstix

    Revision TKR Still having difficulty .... from Amberpep

    Dr Fricka did my TRK. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. Redlipstix

    Revision TKR Still having difficulty .... from Amberpep

    I believe Eng has retired but try dr Kevin Fricka he is wonderful Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  13. Redlipstix

    TKR 7 months out and still painful

    I had TRK done on 11-18-13 too. It's been a roller coster ride! For a week I've had swelling and stiffness to the point it's hard to bend. Getting up from sitting and toilet still is challenging. Going up and down stairs is painful! I use no cane and rarely take pain meds but now I need pain...
  14. Redlipstix

    Bilateral TKR problem with swelling??

    I'm 7 months since right knee replacement I am al stiff . I Ice and elevate a lot. I also had problem w the NSAIDs. I'm using voltaren gel which seems to help. Water exercises make me stiff too so I ice and elevate right after any exercise. Sometimes I helps ... Good days and bad days. I just...
  15. Redlipstix

    TKR and the need for antibiotics before dental work

    I take them as prescribed by my othro dr and dentist agrees Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
Back
Top Bottom