Recent content by redbedhead

  1. redbedhead

    Bilateral TKR how do you know if you have an infection 4 months after surgery?

    Thanks everyone! I am hoping and praying for it to be option #1 and not option #2. #2 doesn't sound like very much fun!!!! :-)
  2. redbedhead

    Bilateral TKR how do you know if you have an infection 4 months after surgery?

    I went to my orthopedic surgeon today because my artificial knees were hurting really badly (worse than before they were replaced.) I thought that I might have dislocated something. But the XRays showed that is not the case. There are 2 possible reasons for the pain and swelling in my knees...
  3. redbedhead

    Bilateral TKR how do you know if you have an infection 4 months after surgery?

    Hey all. I did call my OS and they are having me come in on Monday for Xrays. They thing I probablly dislocated it in my sleep (I am a VERY ACTIVE sleeper, I act out my dreams) and do not remember doing it. But they are having me check my temp every hour, this weekend just to be on the safe side.
  4. redbedhead

    Bilateral TKR how do you know if you have an infection 4 months after surgery?

    HI, Some of you might remember me. I had both hips replaced (right on 10/5/11 and left on 1/19/12) and both knees replaced (right on 4/19/12 and left on 6/27/12). Last week I started having pain when I walked in my left knee. At the same time I developed a cold. Yesterday I found out that...
  5. redbedhead

    Bilateral TKR rain and pain

    IT must have been the weather. I woke up this morning, the weather had cleared, and there was no pain.
  6. redbedhead

    Bilateral TKR rain and pain

    Yes...... I had that barometer pain BEFORE the replacment. Wasn't that supposed to go away AFTER the replacement? It did on the other 3 "new parts" i got this year.
  7. redbedhead

    Bilateral TKR rain and pain

    OK, this may be stupid, but this morning I woke up to the sound of rain and my left knee hurts ALOT! I had this knee replaced on June 27, and had no problems with it all summer. But this is the first time we have had any kind of moisture (rain) since then. I had no pain at all during pysical...
  8. redbedhead

    How do you get up from the ground?

    I do not get down on the ground ;-) so no practical advise! Will love to see what the others say!
  9. redbedhead

    Make room for another one!

    Good luck Josephine! remember all your great advise wo all of us, and obey your own words :-)
  10. redbedhead

    TKR My RTKR journey

    I was on Celebrex for 10 years, for my PA. I did have a heart murmur detected during that time but there is no way to say for sure if it was always there and just unnoticed or if it developed because of the Celebrex. (P.S. I was on 1 pill twice a day for the last 5 years of treatment.) I...
  11. redbedhead

    TKR My RTKR journey

    I LOVED Celebrex when I took it for my Arthritis. I took it for almost 10 years without problems, although I never took it with other NSAIDs, just tylenol. Then 4 years ago I had Weight Loss Surgery, and Celebrex was one of the NOT EVER AGAIN FOR life drugs, including all NSAIDs (even then...
  12. redbedhead

    TKR Redbedhead, home and doing fine if a bit smoked out!

    I don't remember having a reaction to tramadol, but I have been taking 2 pills 3 times a day for a long time, at least since my gastric bypass in October 2008, so I could have in the begining and just don't remember it :-). The Gastric bypass made me have to stop taking Celebrex or any other...
  13. redbedhead

    TKR Redbedhead, home and doing fine if a bit smoked out!

    Well, when I am not recovering from surgery, I have a prescription for Ultram (generic name is Tramadol) that I can take 3 times a day for the arthritis pain, So I am taking 1 of those every morning, and a tylenol when I need it. I did have a migraine the first day after stopping the percocet...
  14. redbedhead

    TKR Redbedhead, home and doing fine if a bit smoked out!

    I am officialy OFF ALL NARCOTIC PAIN KILLERS!!!!!! I have not had any percoset since 9 pm Saturday evening, and do not miss them at all. my steri strips have all fallen off so I am going to take a picture of my knee tonight when mom brings back the chip for the camera (she took a trip into the...
  15. redbedhead

    BTKR at the young age of 31

    I too have failed every drug therapy for PA, currently my only PA treatment is Prednisone (40 mg daily) and methotrexate (2 cc's once a week--that translates to 50mg but in shot form). I too am waiting for a new drug to be approved for PA so insurance will pay for it
Back
Top Bottom