Recent content by Recvknee

  1. R

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knee surgery 3+weeks out

    hi all just to give an update. I’m 10 weeks in and my left knee has increased to 95 Rom. Right is almost normal. That left knee still bothers me and is the most problematic meaning I still have pain at night. My surgeon said if I am not 105 by 3 months they want to do anesthesia. I’m trying...
  2. R

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knee surgery 3+weeks out

    Thank you everyone! I think I over did it. My quads are really stiff and hurting ! Taking it easy Tommorow.
  3. R

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knee surgery 3+weeks out

    Thanks for asking. It is slowly improving. I was able to go down and up the stairs with a cane. Tapering down my pain meds ( only down to one vicodin in am and evening, and will cut that in three days to only one. Hope is to only take when needed afterwards. Right knee is excellent. Near 110...
  4. R

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knee surgery 3+weeks out

    Week 5 progress: one knee seems to be doing really well. The other knee the pain has gone down and I cut down my pain meds. However still so much stiffness. I can’t get past 80 degrees flex. Getting a bit worried. Trying hard to do so, but it just really stiff. I’m hoping it will improve in...
  5. R

    TKR Tight Band

    Brenda has the pain improved ?
  6. R

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knee surgery 3+weeks out

    Thank you all for the encouragement!!! My therapist really thinks it’s nerve pain (coming from scaitica) and it will heal as time progresses. Pain is outside of knee and rear calf pain mainly. I’m taking it easy and am icing and just elevated my knees. Already feel better!
  7. R

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knee surgery 3+weeks out

    Wanted to give an update. Did lots of activity last three days(walked 20+minutes, flex excersices . Pain was manageable Today I didn’t do much (didn’t do flex excersices) and excruciating pain started in evening behind the knee and outside of knee. I feel this is a roller coaster. Did I over...
  8. R

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knee surgery 3+weeks out

    Thanks for the comment. It is just depressing when I am seeing people recover and walking on a cane in 3 weeks and I can barely bend my one knee. One has healed great, it’s the other one. Surgeons team thinks it’s nerve irritation and gave me meds to take but are recommend continuing the flex...
  9. R

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knee surgery 3+weeks out

    It seems as though the pain is around the nerve near the knee. I am trying to do flexion excersices and this pain gets worse. I did not have this pain before surgery. It is horrid pain.
  10. R

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knee surgery 3+weeks out

    Thank you. This forum is a godsend. I was regretting getting this done but reading the stories here makes me feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel(even though I do not see it)
  11. R

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knee surgery 3+weeks out

    I am on hydrocodine 5mg/325 2 pills every four hours. This is my 4th week and still in pain behind my knee. It is it safe to be on pain meds for several weeks post surgery at this level? I can’t see myself without them as my pain is unberable. I have a follow up with surgeon in a week so I will...
  12. R

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knee surgery 3+weeks out

    Thank you for this info!! It is a bit depressing as I don’t feel I am making good progress. Also I have steps in my house, and pt is doing theraphy to teach me to go up and down the steps. Any members add a stair lift temporarily?
  13. R

    Bilateral TKR Bilateral knee surgery 3+weeks out

    Hello. I just had bilateral knee replacement 3 weeks ago (11/5/21) One knee has healed well, the other one is really painful - can not get the rom which is recommended at this point. The full leg hurts( not the knee portion) but especially behind knee and and corner for my knee. It’s good...
Back
Top Bottom