Recent content by Rebeccahpffd

  1. Rebeccahpffd

    My surgeon is planning to do a hip and knee replacement at once

    So ANOTHER update - phew I'm tired. We did 2 tests in Tx, and the other 2 could not be done till next wed. But I can't miss work so they have scheduled those 2 tests for at home then we will come back to Tx for results in 2 weeks. I had emailed my dr I was with since I was 8 months old - he has...
  2. Rebeccahpffd

    My surgeon is planning to do a hip and knee replacement at once

    He handed us a pamphlet on biofilm but I'm having a hard time working my way through it. Can you explain it at all @RestAssured ???
  3. Rebeccahpffd

    My surgeon is planning to do a hip and knee replacement at once

    So yes, it would all be done in 1 surgery. Of what he called a "very heroic operation" which is a little daunting. He would not talk logistics if the surgery or rehab until all testing is done so we know exactly where we stand.
  4. Rebeccahpffd

    My surgeon is planning to do a hip and knee replacement at once

    Wow. My head is reeling. Um testing is being scheduled for this week. Dr Maale thinks my entire femur is infected with a biofilm infection that's been carried along the rod that goes from my hip to half way down my tibia. If this is the case - we are talking 3d pelvic reconstruction, hip...
  5. Rebeccahpffd

    My surgeon is planning to do a hip and knee replacement at once

    Oh I have such bad butterflies!!!!!!!! Today is the day. 1 pm can't get here quick enough.
  6. Rebeccahpffd

    My surgeon is planning to do a hip and knee replacement at once

    My pt that has been with me since I was 3 weeks old is going with me so she can interpret all of the technical!
  7. Rebeccahpffd

    My surgeon is planning to do a hip and knee replacement at once

    Ok yall - I leave home tomorrow to fly to see Dr Maale and I am NERVOUS. I guess I am most nervous that he will find the infection isn't gone and we will have to start fighting again. Until the past few weeks, my knee has continued to drain about once a week since November. But I think the hole...
  8. Rebeccahpffd

    Replacement after infection?

    Thank you @Vetgirl!!! I am very hopeful!!!
  9. Rebeccahpffd

    Replacement after infection?

    Dr Maale's pa seemed to be pretty confident in a new implant once they run all the tests to medically clear me. So we will meet with them in 2 weeks!
  10. Rebeccahpffd

    Revision THR Hip revision and pseudo tumor

    @fivestar - yes my wounds were very large. About 14 inches long each, one of the knee and one on the hip.
  11. Rebeccahpffd

    My surgeon is planning to do a hip and knee replacement at once

    @referee54 -- I know! I am STILL in shock!! I teach high school so I really wanted to have surgery done at the start of summer so I have enough recovery time. So I had asked to make sure that would be possible. They are letting me fly in for a consult and testing over my Spring Break then if I...
  12. Rebeccahpffd

    Revision THR Hip revision and pseudo tumor

    Wow I wish I could help more than just being able to sympathize!!!! I've been going through the infection thing as well. The wound vacc was probably the worst to me - I had it for 7 weeks on both my hip and knee. I would just keep with what the drs are asking. I've had to have both my knee and...
  13. Rebeccahpffd

    My surgeon is planning to do a hip and knee replacement at once

    I have been beyond blessed to be with my PT since I was 3 weeks old - she is like my other mother. So she will be going with me to see him to help if he gets too complicated!!!!!! But I've been around this stuff my whole life so I am pretty good with it all. I was AMAZED to have the pa tell me...
  14. Rebeccahpffd

    My surgeon is planning to do a hip and knee replacement at once

    Meant see Dr Maale the 25th! He's asked we stay a few days for testing so we will. I am very excited to see what can be done!!
  15. Rebeccahpffd

    My surgeon is planning to do a hip and knee replacement at once

    Well they are promt! We are going to see him over my spring break since I can't take off anymore time at work from all of the infection stuff earlier in the year!! So March 24th we will see my current surgeon in Fl then Dr Maale the 24th!!
Back
Top Bottom