Recent content by rbabycks

  1. rbabycks

    TKR 12 days post op

    LTKR going well. Had a minor set back. Left leg had some swelling over the weekend. My Physical Therapist put me on bed rest for the weekend. Swelling was more noticeable when wearing the ted hose. Limited wear helped the swelling. I had such bad bruising on the back of my knee. The bruise is...
  2. rbabycks

    2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    Yes, it is definitely a good feeling knowing we’re not alone. For myself,it’s nice to know the surgery is over. Now over a week post op. Looking forward to doing activities soon that I have missed for so long. I know I am going to have to have the right knee done within the next year or so...
  3. rbabycks

    TKR rbabycks recovery thread

    Thank you @MSgirl. It looks like a bubble. I was so afraid of blood clots. My Physical Therapist said she had seen far worse. Bending the knee is difficult but I found that I run cool water over the incision then pat dry seems to help loosen it enough to get it going. Thank you for the...
  4. rbabycks

    TKR rbabycks recovery thread

    Good morning. It depends on the questions you want to ask? Up to this point I think I have been doing pretty well. Of course I have swelling still the size of a grapefruit. I also have a large bruise behind my knee which was almost black, now starting to lighting up. I do wear the ted hose...
  5. rbabycks

    TKR rbabycks recovery thread

    Good morning. I’m 3 day post- op. I am waiting for in home PT to come. Since the block has worn off the pain is not like it was before surgery. Today it’s extremely swollen that I can’t bend the knee without having pain. My husband is keeping up with the pain meds. It’s a very dull ache and...
  6. rbabycks

    2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    @rmcorliss I wish you much luck on your first TKR. It was my first also on 1/25/18.im into day three. Yesterday was rough when the blocker wore off.im doing well I’m walked no much better my pain level hasn’t been past a 5 1/2.i think I get to home later this afternoon. I’ll update when I’m...
  7. rbabycks

    2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    @Gill0416. I had my LTKR yesterday with a total block, whici am still waiting for the block to wear off. The scar was not very pretty but when I went to PT for the second time I actually moved the leg more. So far my pain level was 0 but now that the blocker is wearing off I’m having just a...
  8. rbabycks

    2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    @Megan this is my first TKR my left. I see the right knee in my future. I am hoping for a good outcome Thursday. This site has been an inspiration for me. It’s always nice to know your not the only one going through these types of surgeries. They seem a lot more common today and much more...
  9. rbabycks

    2018 January Jackpots - Are you having knee surgery in January?

    @Spatz, I will be so happy to put this behind me and partaking in PT. I know I’ll be doing PT twice a day the 2-3 days I’m in the hospital. Then 3x a week for 3 weeks in home, then outpatient therapy for for a few weeks. It looks like all January surgeries are almost over with. Good luck to you...
  10. rbabycks

    This is it

    Thank you Josephine for putting me at ease. I believe it will be a RTKR next. Hopefully not for at least a year. I’m not as brave as some having both knees done at the same time or even a few months apart. I want to see how the left knee goes. I have been experiencing some hip pain lately. I’m...
  11. rbabycks

    This is it

    Thank you Agnes for the encouraging words. Good luck to you on the 29TH. Thank you pumpkin for all the wonderful advice and thank you ertuck. It is nice to have others to turn that know actually what these surgeries are all about. It’s a bit difficult to explain to those who have not gone...
  12. rbabycks

    This is it

    This is my week, left TKR 1/25 at 10:00AM. I’m nervous but yet anxious to be able to walk again without all the pain these last several months. The burning in the knee has become worse the last couple of weeks. I know if I don’t have the surgery it will probably go into my hip, then I may be...
  13. rbabycks

    The waiting is finally over

    I have always had general anesthesia when I’ve had surgery. I know I will not know what’s going on verses a regional there’s a possibility of it not taking at that point I would have to have general anesthesia. I definitely do not want to be half way through surgery and the possibility of...
  14. rbabycks

    The waiting is finally over

    Everything done, all bloodwork, pre-op. Ready for next Thursday 1/25/18 surgery scheduled for10:00AM. Had pondered on having a regional thinking it would be a better way to go than general anesthesia. But, after speaking with the DR and PA, I would be aware of what’s going on around me. Even...
Back
Top Bottom