Recent content by Rattles

  1. Rattles

    PKR Rattles is moving into recovery

    First PT Today So finally got OS to put me up for some physio and got in today for the first time My ROM came in at 110 if that's the correct way to say it and he was happy with that said it was the expected number after this amount of time. Was given some exercises to complete all to what...
  2. Rattles

    Depression/post-op blues

    Thanks for this post I have never thought that I would suffer from depression it all like blokes don't get it we just man up and carry on tuff it out she will be all right . Well coming up to 3 years still trying to fix the same knee ,after 3 operations 3 attempt to get back to my job countless...
  3. Rattles

    PKR Rattles is moving into recovery

    Thank you celle once again your inside and wisdom has eased some concerns I had . I have had pretty much my worse day today back on 2 crutches and looks like my other knee has just spat the dummy I'm pretty devastated to say the least that my good knee is now giving me more pain that my operated...
  4. Rattles

    TKR Post Op Report

    Great to hear you doing so well 2 days in hospital is awesome I spent 5 and that was just for a PKR so you done very well and to walk out that's awesome news. I can relate to the sleep I find it hard to find the right spot that allows me a full night sleep even with meds it is the thorn in my...
  5. Rattles

    PKR Rattles is moving into recovery

    3 WEEKS IN Coming up to 3 weeks since op since last post I went back to OS and had staples removed quick check up and a new appointment made for 3 weeks time . Seams happy with progress and was advised to use crutches when needed as I explained that I could do some walking without . No tests or...
  6. Rattles

    PKR Rattles is moving into recovery

    Strange day today when I woke I got to walk to bathroom and found I could walk the short distance with out any aids to get there .Sounds fantastic but it is scaring me a lot .How after 8 days am I able to walk almost normal and with out crutches this soon after the op. The staples are not due...
  7. Rattles

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    Left knee PKR and removal of steel pin
  8. Rattles

    PKR Raffs' Recovery Thread<'

    Riffs you sound like you doing good just still having after affects from the ops them selves I know after my second op I suffered badly lost sleep meds didn't seem to help every time I spoke to my OS he said it was scaring that was doing most of the drama remember you have had pretty major...
  9. Rattles

    PKR Rattles is moving into recovery

    Yes I haven't been told more or less if you can do one do one but listen to the pain I think next week would be one crutch is what I would aim for at this stage Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  10. Rattles

    PKR Rattles is moving into recovery

    Thank you as always celle I plan to do only what my knee lets me do am finding it is more painful in the afternoon maybe due to bed rest it has had during the night . It is strange that it's not as painful and worry that it's going to creep up on me latter and give me grief but going with the...
  11. Rattles

    PKR Rattles is moving into recovery

    Day 2 at home Well home from hospital after 5 day stay seem to have a lot of weeping from the middle of my knee were the staples are hospital staff did not want to release me till this had eased. The PT I had was very good as I was in the flex machine for an hour with no major discomfort and...
  12. Rattles

    PKR Rattles is moving into recovery

    Last appointment before operation as I said I was determined to get the TKR however after having the surgery and my OS telling me how he had a very close look at the state of my knee from all side and then he did the PKR as he found the rest of my knee in great condition I do feel happy with it...
  13. Rattles

    PKR Rattles is moving into recovery

    It's funny I know I've just had the PKR done 2 days ago 1/13/16 yet I have been able to go from a walking frame to crutches in a day and am now walking round the ward on crutches every 3 hours but only if my knee feels ok and even then just a slow lap of the ward as to not aggravate it to much...
  14. Rattles

    PKR Rattles is moving into recovery

    Well welcome to recovery what can I say .I have so many thoughts going thru my head as I lie here in my hospital bed ,has it work ed will I now be finally pain free have I got enough inner power to do this recovery process again . Operation was preformed wed afternoon at around 14:30. I was in...
  15. Rattles

    Rattles new knee update 4

    Thank you Josephine for all your advice and help so far. Looking forward to your help when I move to the other side Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom