Recent content by randy62

  1. randy62

    THR THR #2 (7/21/14) a better recovery than THR #1 (4/22/13)

    You win the internet for the day with this posting. Too bad you are finding out that you won after you internet day is over.
  2. randy62

    My plan to avoid surgery

    @TrickiDicki good luck with this.
  3. randy62

    Preparing for hip replacement

    Hey hippy sister @gladfon glad to see you started a link. I think it is a wise choice for you to go into a SNF after the surgery, seeing as your husband is 81. I am sure that you will do fine. Read, read and read some more on the topics links posted above. Just think another 45 days or so...
  4. randy62

    Think it is time to make the phone call and get this left hip replacement process going....

    Pull the trigger today. You did both knees, you can do your hips one AT a Tim.
  5. randy62

    Not the Trailblazer this time – RTHR 30 Sept!

    @Jaycey you need to relax a tad bit our time is not for another two months. Deep breathe. Exhale,inhale, hold it, hold it, ok exhale.
  6. randy62

    Hip arthroscopy booked - a few questions!

    @lailah93 that is the spirit. Keep a positive attitude, that is step one on recovery. Step two is rest and lots of it in the beginning. Step three is to follow to the letter your surgeons post ops instructions. When he says don't cross your legs just don't do it. You will recovery in your...
  7. randy62

    2 days away

    @rnorris, good luck with your surgery.
  8. randy62

    So glad to have found this site!

    It comes down basically the quality of life question. When your hip interferes so much with your quality of life then for goodness sake get it done no matter what you age. What sense is there for a 45 year old women in the prime of her life not being able to enjoy life. Glad to see that you...
  9. randy62

    Is it common for the other hip to hurt?

    @Jamie I have had this appointment scheduled for sept, because I did not want to loose another summer with my wife. You living in KS can recognize just how bad winter can get lol. it got so cold last winter about -27 that I swear my hip implant got frozen. So summer is fun time for us, I...
  10. randy62

    Question about the Mary Lou Retton video

    I had my LTTHR last July and I enjoy sitting with my feet sole touching one another. Before the surgery last year I could not do that.
  11. randy62

    THR JB's (beachgal) Joyous Journey 7/25/14!

    I remember waking up and the first thing I asked for was a glass of prune juice. Glad to see you made it to the other side. Keep on top of your pain meds like you are doing right now. Pretty soon you will be home and enjoying life once again. Safe travels down the road to recovery.
  12. randy62

    Is it common for the other hip to hurt?

    It is muscle soreness, it is like the left leg is picking up all the slack from the right leg. It is not joint pain.
  13. randy62

    Is it common for the other hip to hurt?

    Okay so I had my LTHR last year and have stopped running in prepration for my RTHR this Sept. I have noticed since I have stopped running and started just doing pre-op PT that my left hip is sore. My right hip seems to be going quicker than what we had planned and by this I mean more bad time...
  14. randy62

    New to the board RTHR September 15th

    @JolietSteel 2 days before mine.
Back
Top Bottom