Recent content by Raftin21

  1. R

    THR RTHR At home and doing well

    Hi Everyone, I am celebrating my 2 year anniversary of my first hip replacement today! For all of you recovering or getting ready wanted to share my hip(s) are amazing! I had both replaced within 3 months of each other. It is definitely the best thing I have ever done, I am pain free and able...
  2. R

    THR RTHR At home and doing well

    Thank you all for the advice and info! I ordered new shoes and am icing again! I totally agree that I am in an uphill climb right now, but will get there. @Schaargi best of luck to you on your 2nd. Hope it goes amazing! Holler if you ever have any questions!
  3. R

    THR RTHR At home and doing well

    Hi Everyone! It’s been a while! I am 9 months out on my first (right) THR and about 5 months on my second (left). Overall things have gone well and I am getting stronger and walking further than I have in years. I’ve had some pain deep in my thighs from the beginning in both, I talked to the...
  4. R

    THR RTHR At home and doing well

    Hi! I have a couple of scar questions - my incision/scar on the second hip replacement is pretty wavy (my first was very flat and smooth). It’s almost like the skin didn’t line up just right. Does this go away and flatten out? Is there any thing I should be doing for the scar? Currently I am...
  5. R

    THR Recovery from June 11th LTHR surgery

    Now having gone thru 2 hip replacements for me (everyone is so different), each week it seems I go up around 1k steps a week and by about week 10 I was around 10k steps. I try to make my walks a bit further each week, while still listening to pain. It’s definitely a gradual process! It sounds...
  6. R

    THR RTHR At home and doing well

    Trip went great, they had me try the normal metal detectors and I did set off the alarms (kinda fun with my new hips!!! I am now bionic :heehee:) so then they had me go to the other scanner! Overall really happy at how my hips did at 6 weeks, they of course got sore and it was hard to sit for...
  7. R

    THR RTHR At home and doing well

    Thank you so much! That’s super helpful!
  8. R

    THR RTHR At home and doing well

    Hi! I am getting ready to travel for the first time after my 2 THR and am a bit nervous! I am right at 6 weeks. Any advice? How’s it getting thru security? Appreciate any words of wisdom you all have learned! :thankyou:
  9. R

    THR Ezzie's Second Hip Recovery

    Hope you’re doing well! Lot of rest and ice! :ice:
  10. R

    THR Made it around the corner again!

    Hi! I’ve had both hips replaced and am at 5 weeks from my second. I have lower back pain and pain in my left knee as well. I’ve talked to my OS, my chiropractor and my PT… they all say it takes quite a bit of time for everything to line back out. My OS said at least 12 weeks, but could take up...
  11. R

    THR Horsecrazy2's THR Recovery Thread

    For me, the first week was really rough! I had a hard time moving my leg as well, they call it “log leg” around here and it’s not fun. I used a strap from yoga to help move my leg. Lots of people get it on here and it is temporary… It will get better, hang in there! :flwrysmile:
  12. R

    THR RTHR At home and doing well

    Thanks @Layla! Things are going well, slow and steady, getting better every week! Eager to get back to everything, but working on being patient! I am sooo ready, but my hips are not quite there yet! :happydance:
  13. R

    THR 29 having both hips replaced

    Welcome! I had both hips replaced about 3 months apart! It has gone really well and I am so happy that I did it. I am now about 4 weeks out from my second replacement. Best of luck to you on your upcoming surgery! Look forward to hear how you are doing!
  14. R

    THR 7 days post-op RTHR

    Hang in there, the emotional piece caught me by surprise, I had a few bouts of crying. It really is a lot that we go thru with hip replacement and my emotions were all over the place! This too will get better! :loveshwr:
  15. R

    THR Anterolateral THR thoughts and wisdom welcomed

    Hi! I have had both hips replaced with in three months of each other, anterior approach. I am so 4 weeks today from my second. On both of them I had very little swelling until day 4, and then it was a lot and miserable. Lots of icing and elevation really helped. Hang in there it will get better!
Back
Top Bottom