Recent content by RAD

  1. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Thanks so much eaglemom. My surgeon and I agreed that it is a good idea and give it more time and let things settle. I'll go in and see him early next year. Just going to try to take good care of myself with exercise and nutrition. I lost a lot of weight since I had the TKR done in 2019, I'm...
  2. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Thanks Layla! I hope you have a good week too! I do feel good, just still clicky in the middle of my knee which I'm probably distracted more than I should be...
  3. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Thanks so much. I just walked 15,000 steps today and feel fine. I’m assuming if I did sprain the ligament that it wasn’t too severe because I haven’t had any pain or issues walking or going up and down stairs. The knee feels stable. I’m hoping it improves with time. If there is some laxity...
  4. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    You're so right...there is only so much they can see even with a MRI. I'm hoping if it is a ligament sprain that it improves with time. I'm going to go see my surgeon early next year and we'll see... Uggh! I guess I have to be grateful that I still get around fine and can enjoy my life. I'm...
  5. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Hi! I got the MRI and had a talk with my surgeon (who was wonderful). It seems there's nothing definitive on the MRI that shows a problem. Mild scar tissue, no evidence of damage or loosening. The only other thing he suggested is that I may have sprained a ligament, but there is no clear...
  6. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Thanks so much, I hope so... I appreciate the support!
  7. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Hello! I actually got in touch with my surgeon and I’m going to get an MRI which hopefully will show that nothing major is going on and that I have a bone bruise or soft tissue injury that is still healing. Right now it’s scheduled in 2 weeks, hoping to get in a bit sooner if there’s a...
  8. R

    Revised PKR to TKR On the other side - AGAIN!

    Wow, sounds like a tough time. Hope you're improving!
  9. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Thanks for everything Jaime and Layla. Jaime, I hope you're right about the "clicking". As I've said, patience is not my strong suit! But I really appreciate all of your support.
  10. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Hi Layla, Great hearing from you. 5 months today since I had that unfortunate fall... As you said, it hasn't hindered my activity, I'm also still doing PT. Just trying to stay positive that it will mostly resolve over time. Thanks again for all of your support! Hope you are enjoying the...
  11. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Thanks Benne. I think that it has improved, but still doesn't feel quite right... Since I've been to get it checked twice, I assume it isn't a significant issue, but since it feels so clicky it's still bothering me.
  12. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Hi Everyone, just checking in. I definitely made the right decision to postpone since the left knee I fell on in January 2026 still if feeling clicky and sensitive. I'm still walking 20,000 steps a day on the weekends and my ROM is fine. I can't believe how long it takes for the soft tissue...
  13. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Hi Layla, we were writing at the same time! I definitely have improved, not worsened, but it's just incredibly slow. I can do everything I want to do, the feeling of internal swelling and clickiness is more annoying then anything. Thanks so much for your input!
  14. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    I'm glad that all worked out for you! I fell in January 2026 on the ice right on my LTKR, about 7 years out from surgery. It was very bruised. It didn't really impact my ROM and I didn't have pain, mostly extra clickiness. If anything my ROM has improved from about 130 to 135. It still just...
  15. R

    TKR Fall on TKR almost 7 yrs out

    Thanks again. I'm not going anywhere yet! Still working through the impact of falling on my LTKR. It has improved, I think time, PT and massage has helped. Still feels there's something going on there either from the bone being bruised, some swelling still there and soft tissue stuff. I...
Back
Top Bottom