Recent content by r2u

  1. r2u

    Bilateral TKR 3 months, is this normal?

    Yesterday made three months since my bilateral surgery. I can fully bend and straighten both knees but my left knee (the one the Dr. had the most issue straightening) still gets stiff and the tendons, muscles and ligaments all around the knee are still very sore. If I walk for long lengths...
  2. r2u

    Bilateral TKR 3 months, is this normal?

    hello, My surgery was May 28. I think my recovery has been coming along well until yesterday and today. I woke yesterday covered with sweat, but freezing. I had no fever so that was not it. Around noon I showered and dressed but spent my day cuddled under blankets. I never did pt or...
  3. r2u

    Bilateral TKR 3 months, is this normal?

    I am sleepy so I will write more tomorrow but I thought I would check in and let everyone know my surgery went well. My one and only PT so far consisted of me standing but they had to study me because if they did not I would so just topple over. Not that my knees buckled but I was still somewhat...
  4. r2u

    Exhausted even before the surgery.

    Thank you all for your help and notes. my surgery is in 9 hrs. I will be headed to hospital in 5 hrs. Time to face the music.
  5. r2u

    Exhausted even before the surgery.

    On Monday I met with the surgeons assistant and she told me that I needed to stop all meds. My nsad, my FM meds as well as stuff like Gensing, ginko and St Johns. I know its important to stop...but dang...I am whipped! I have stuff that I need to do to get ready but wish I had done it all...
  6. r2u

    Bilateral TKR May 19, 2014 bilateral knees for me

    Hope your nausea is under control. It was great hearing from you. We are all cheering you on! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  7. r2u

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    @msmechanic58 and @Biscuit You will be one my mind tomorrow. Keep in mind all the wonderful things you will be able to do once you recover ! :bicycle1::surfer::tennis2::walking: Best of luck! Cheers! :wave:
  8. r2u

    No one even mentioned ice, or the cold water machines.

    Hello all yall who are on the other side. I come to you because YOU are the wise, the all knowing, the knee gurus. :old: I went today for the "knee class" that was part of my "required" list of things to do before my surgery in a couple of weeks. The topics were for the most part things that...
  9. r2u

    New knee on the way

    @midwest girl, I am sure today you are trying to think thru everything to have packed and what you still need to do before tomorrow. OH..and if you are like me, you will be thinking what time you can have your last glass of water before bed since you cant eat or drink after a specified time. I...
  10. r2u

    Locked and loaded...well...not really.

    Sadly, no he was dead serious. Until I can drive enough to come back to the office he wants me to take my desk top computer back to my house and set it up on my office (which is down stairs from my bedroom, so I can be back to working and taking calls by a week after surgery. My plan is to...
  11. r2u

    Locked and loaded...well...not really.

    I suppose its time to start my surgery thread. For me this process is has gone from 0 to 60 in nothing flat! One month ago I went to an orthopedic Dr (who does not do surgery) about trying to get the gel injections in my knees . Yesterdays I received my bilateral surgery date! I met with...
  12. r2u

    2014 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Just received my surgery date. It will be May 28th for bilateral knee replacement. I just keep trying to remember that after this my legs will actually be straight!
  13. r2u

    2 questions/ assistance and GPS knee mapping

    Sorry..I dont need an exact percentage. I was just wondering of most of you who have had your surgeries done in the past year have had it
  14. r2u

    Bilateral TKR Did anyone go to the ocean with in a month of surgery?

    Thanks Jeff. I will not carry a single thing. It is a time to be with my kids who are 17, 18, 19 and 20 plus my sweet future daughter in law and future son in law. I can promise you they will take good care of Mom and carry every thing I need as well as be by my sides if I need extra support.
  15. r2u

    2 questions/ assistance and GPS knee mapping

    I have two questions for those who will kindly give me input. 1) I was reading a blog where a woman was saying she had to be with her husband (who was other wise healthy) 24/7 for 3 weeks after his surgery, to the point of having to have others pick up groceries. Is that the norm? If I have...
Back
Top Bottom