Recent content by Qtwookie

  1. Qtwookie

    THR Leg length disparity

    Glad to see this issue of leg length after surgery discussed! Thanks for the article and the info on it. I had my right hip replaced in June with no length issues - and then just had my left one done Sept 27th. And there is a very noticeable difference with the left one. I'm am hoping that...
  2. Qtwookie

    THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

    1st Surgery: I just noticed your dates.......June 7th with the second one upcoming on Sept 20th. I also had my first one done in June 7th and am having my second one done Sept 27th. At first I thought the the time between would be enough but as my second date gets closer, I am bit more...
  3. Qtwookie

    THR Anterior THR Question re: Incision and Flexibility

    Thanks so much Layla! When I have had "set backs" in the past - I have been able to attribute it to being too zealous and a bit stupid with my progress. In this case, though, I really can't think of anything....except only using a cane about 50% the time. The only other factor I can think of...
  4. Qtwookie

    THR Anterior THR Question re: Incision and Flexibility

    1 month today and worried that I am doing something wrong. The last two days, so very sore in the groin and behind the incision. Granted, I still have the left hip to do (which will be sometime in early Sept) and it seems to be getting worse by the day, so that is complicating things.... But...
  5. Qtwookie

    THR 1st Surgery has 2nd Surgery

    I'm So grateful to read that others are having the same challenges with bending! I had an anterior THR just over 3 weeks ago and was starting to get worried that there was something wrong with my progress! Within the last few days, I have been trying to bend the knee as much as possible when...
  6. Qtwookie

    THR Anterior THR Question re: Incision and Flexibility

    1st Surgery- glad to hear from someone that had it one the same day!! Thanks for your note! Yes, I am still having numbness on the thigh. From what I have read that could take a bit to go away. But you are right, better numbness than pain! As I bend, I am trying to make a conscious effort to...
  7. Qtwookie

    THR Anterior THR Question re: Incision and Flexibility

    Thanks Jaycey! I guess I'm a bit too anxious since I am going to be having the second hip done sometime in early Sept - so I am willing the first hip to get better ASAP :) I am still icing it whenever I am sitting/laying down - which is most of the day (since I am working from home). How long...
  8. Qtwookie

    THR Anterior THR Question re: Incision and Flexibility

    Thanks for checking in. I am certainly seeing more progress....a little better each day! Sleeping, mobility and pain management are much better. Waiting for the flexibility to catch up with me (can't wait to be able to bend my knee proper when bending, etc). The pain in the groin and the...
  9. Qtwookie

    THR Anterior THR Question re: Incision and Flexibility

    Thank you, both for your quick replies and information!! I greatly appreciate it! Layla, as soon as I confirm the date of the second surgery, I will let you know. Thank you! Jill
  10. Qtwookie

    THR Anterior THR Question re: Incision and Flexibility

    I had an Anterior THR just over 2 weeks ago (6/7/18) and while the recovery is going well, I do have two questions: Incision: Prior to the surgery I researched how to minimize scarring and improve healing - and two recommendations were therapeutic massage over the scar and placing lotions such...
Back
Top Bottom