Recent content by Puggles

  1. Puggles

    THR Avulsion Fracture Greater Trochanter & Seroma

    @Naps and @Nini .....I hope the steroid injection and/or PRP injection helps both of you! I had to google "PRP"----hmmm...maybe I should look into that, too. My left hip just will NOT stop hurting, no matter what I've tried.
  2. Puggles

    THR Avulsion Fracture Greater Trochanter & Seroma

    Thank you so much to those who replied. :) My primary doctor, hip surgeon, and dentist ALL agreed that antibiotics were needed for the cleaning, the temporay crown, annnnnd, in a few days, the permanent crown placement. Perhaps they're wrong, but I will follow what they said. One thing I've...
  3. Puggles

    THR Spring Chicken’s New Hip

    Also, I'm so glad you found this forum, too. It has helped me IMMENSELY! You're not nuts at all---we understand the exhaustion, anxiety, pain, etc. and I had many weepy times, too! And then sleep deprivation just exacerbates everrrrything! (( hugs ))
  4. Puggles

    THR Spring Chicken’s New Hip

    Hi, I hope things improve for you soon! :) I know it's harrrrd sometimes !!!! But I wanted to address one specific issue you mentioned---breaking precautions just from sitting on your couch. I had the same issue, our couch is so low, I was upset that I could never sit on it. UNTIL I got a...
  5. Puggles

    THR Few questions about hip replacement

    Timely thread! I was also unsure, and both my hip surgeon and dentist said antibiotics were needed even just for a cleaning. It concerns me that your teeth bleed when you brush your teeth (mine don't). What did you end up doing? My concern is that I took a one-dose of Clindamycin just for...
  6. Puggles

    THR Avulsion Fracture Greater Trochanter & Seroma

    Hello....I wanted to start a new thread with a very different topic, but I see that isn't allowed. Googling isn't quite helping, so I hope some of you see this question, because I'm sure a lot of you know the answers. My dentist is closed Fridays, or I would have called. 1. Monday, I took...
  7. Puggles

    THR Avulsion Fracture Greater Trochanter & Seroma

    @mendogal.....Thank you for your kindness and support !!!:) This site has helped me so much the past few years!
  8. Puggles

    THR Avulsion Fracture Greater Trochanter & Seroma

    @Eman85....I actually have read your recovery thread! :) Albiet it was a while back, but I remember many of your posts---esp. when you overdid it---and they have been very helpful. I have read MANY other recovery threads here, and am familiar with how most people recommend JUST walking...
  9. Puggles

    THR Avulsion Fracture Greater Trochanter & Seroma

    Thank you for the idea...It's so hard to know what to do. I just took 2 weeks off from PT because I needed to be sure I didn't have another avulsion fracture, injury/ whateverrrrr that horrible pain was. Today, PT (in the pool, I love it!) was GREAT. My ischial tuberosity is much better, but...
  10. Puggles

    THR Nick's Hip

    I enjoyed your post, and am SO happy for you! :)
  11. Puggles

    THR Nine years out with total hip replacement both hips

    What a GREAT update!!! :) So happy for you!
  12. Puggles

    THR 3 weeks post THR

    So happy that you're doing so well !!! :) My story is just like yours, I also cancelled surgery twice (several YEARS ago), then just dealt with the pain for more years. The morning of my first THR, I literally cried for 3 hours, I was SO afraid! Here I am a year later, with TWO successful...
  13. Puggles

    THR Avulsion Fracture Greater Trochanter & Seroma

    Thank you for your reply :) My trochanter fracture is fully healed, but now I'm having severe pain in the ischial tuberosity. I'm also losing hope of ever being pain-free. My regular doctor thought I had piriformis syndrome, but yesterday I (finally!) got into my hip surgeon, who says my...
  14. Puggles

    THR Avulsion Fracture Greater Trochanter & Seroma

    @Naps....Thank you !!! I hope you're doing even better now! I appreciate all the great info you've given me. It's so ironic that you ALSO have sit bone pain, (in addition to trichanter issues) because I've developed HORRIBLE ischial tuberosity pain just recently. My greater trochanter...
  15. Puggles

    THR Avulsion Fracture Greater Trochanter & Seroma

    I decided to cancel the steroid injection, since they've never helped me in the past. I hope I'm not making a mistake.
Back
Top Bottom