Recent content by Psikey

  1. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    Seem to be doing well now that Seroma lump has gone and stitches now look normal again and closed up. Plenty of walks and cycled about 40 mile this week. Joint/pelvis can be a bit achey after a good session but nothing that a nice hot bath doesn't relieve. 95% of time no hint of a limp but do...
  2. P

    THR One year post op

    I'm nearly 3 month post op now. If I walk or cycle too long I get a bit if hip/joint pain like sciatica. Also in morning bit painful in lower back, pelvis until I've moved around a bit. Did have pains in knee but that's stopped now, but never had pains in foot, just irritable leg syndrome, but...
  3. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    Doc seams happier with it, told to leave uncovered now if stopped leaking (think it has), finish ABiotics and see him again next Wednesday. Nothing bad showed up in bloods (no infection).
  4. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    Stopped leaking and big lump mostly gone. See what Doc says Monday.
  5. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    Yes, I showed him lump at week 6 follow up but he just said normal & body would re-absorb over time. It is obviously that big and pressured it forced itself out through the skin.
  6. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    So, Surgeon isn't sure what the problem is, but my own reading/investigation makes me think my original idea was correct, and a few cases documented on line with similar. As far as walking, mobility, range of movement I've been great from around week 2 with little pain in joint area, just a few...
  7. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    So, just seen surgeon and he can't understand why only started happening after 8 weeks. Says it could just be an infection at stitch level but concerned if at deep, hip level, coming out, but I said no hip issues other than this wound/weepage. Having bloods done tomorrow, follow up next...
  8. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    The leakage, not nice so only click if really interested
  9. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    Better exudate today, looks more like Serous now which is healthy healing fluid. See what they say tomorrow.
  10. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    Well, it looks like a have a small amount of purulent (infected) discharge. This much in 24hrs, just put new dressing on. Expect I will need antibiotics come appointment on Monday. Burning/itchy stopping me sleeping
  11. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    Well, it erupted (weeped) but a clear fluid which I think is a good discharge, not infected. Covered now at nearly week 9 ready for appointment on Monday. All this time with no discharge and then this all these weeks later.
  12. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    Don't think volcano is going to stay dormant until I see Surgeon on Wednesday! Looking meaner/weird each day! Big hard lump all around stitched area, but now coming to two shiny points. UPDATE Sent Surgeon updated photo above, and they brought my appointment earlier to Monday and said if...
  13. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    8wk & 1 day and finally getting more sleep nights & less restless leg (maybe the Iron tablets helped). Three nights in a row now with over 6hrs sleep. Only problem for me at moment is the large lump which looks to be coming to a point/head and hoping it doesn't burst like a boil would or its a...
  14. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    I managed to drive 50 mile today (normally only manage 5 or so) without bruised hip looking volcano like. Wife had a small curvy, neck type memory foam pillow she doesn't use, so I used that to sit on in car and much better, without my head hitting car roof. The slight bucket type seats are a...
  15. P

    THR RTHR at 56 due Avascular Necrosis

    Impressed with it so far, especially while it's on as leg goes numb'Ish without burning skin. Also, effects last for a while after too. Using 3 time/day. The Gel ones don't turn solid, more like a slush so really comfy to wrap around the painful lump, and has a plush furry surface material...
Back
Top Bottom