Recent content by pottergirl

  1. pottergirl

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    It's been too long... As 2015 comes to an end I am happy to report that my hip is much better and my arm is healed mostly. We have had a rough year with my husband who is battling a serious lung disease which we thought for a while might take him from us quickly. He has responded well to...
  2. pottergirl

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    I wasn't expecting to be sending this update, but here goes ... I fell on my deck and broke my arm! Dammit, I'm so upset. Thank goodness my husband was home, he rushed me off to the hospital and i have a fractured humerus which means a sling and appointment with an orthopod for Thursday...
  3. pottergirl

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    Thanks for the reassuring words. I am trying to keep up with my pottery and dog fun and yes, it does help. I'm sure this will pass, looking forward, not back:SUNsmile:
  4. pottergirl

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    It's been eleven months since my accident, physically things are going very well I think. I'm walking every day with the dogs and aside from a bit of stiffness I don't have any pain. What I do have is anxiety... I had anxiety disorder in the past, over fifteen years ago but it has returned. I...
  5. pottergirl

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    Hi all, here's my 10 month update: things are going pretty well, I am back to doing everything I used to do with minimal discomfort. Yes, I still get pretty achy after a long walk or work in my studio but I expect that's pretty normal. All in all I feel like I have adjusted to the new me. I...
  6. pottergirl

    Insufficient privileges to reply?

    I have had the same problem, I was going to give an update.
  7. pottergirl

    Hip Infection Infection, dislocation, revisions, & life beyond

    Wow! You can't catch a break, can you! I hope you get it resolved soon and without further hassle. Take care of yourself.
  8. pottergirl

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    Hi all it's been a little while and I am feeling pretty good. Most of the aches and pains that plagued me have gone except of course for stiffness. I bought a cycle trainer so I can ride my bicycle like a stationary bike and my knee pains went quite quickly away. So this happened today...I...
  9. pottergirl

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    @alexthecat ... Thank you for that, I won't bother trying it then, I don't want to take the chance of hurting myself further! @Hoppy Nanny ...thanks! I really enjoy making them. Jacqueline
  10. pottergirl

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    Hi @Hoppy Nanny ...it is annoying isn't it? For me it comes and goes, if I try to walk really straight it is better but when it comes it lasts for a while and really hurts. It sounds very similar to what you describe in the knee.
  11. pottergirl

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    @Josephine I've just been to see my GP because of a lot of pain in my op side knee when I lift my knee or bear weight. It comes and goes. This is an ongoing issue I've had for a while with a number of suggestions as to what is the cause including the SI joint and it band. Several stretches...
  12. pottergirl

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    I do, I put them in a few local shops and have a couple of studio sales. It doesn't pay the bills but I love doing it.
  13. pottergirl

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    Hi all, I am happy to report that I am doing so much better! Yes I am still stiff, yes I still get sore...but I feel like I am making a lot of progress. I managed to get my kiln fired the other day. I had a lot of pottery made but not glazed before my hip fracture, and I finally got through...
  14. pottergirl

    THR Fractured, Fixed, Failed, THR two days later

    It's been a while, I did manage to get some relief from the IT band and SI joint issues I was having. I had an extra session with the physical therapist and he showed me a couple of exercises I could do to strengthen my glutes. I also spent some time massaging the IT band and that helped a...
Back
Top Bottom