Recent content by Postalgal

  1. Postalgal

    THR I made it!!

    Is there an article on foot drop?
  2. Postalgal

    THR I made it!!

    Well since the day I woke from post op. A nurse was testing my feet and on my operated leg the foot would not bend at the ankle all the way. I can raise my toes, but still not good on the ankle. I can walk heel toe, but apparently some nerve inflammation or damage or both. Burning pain on the...
  3. Postalgal

    THR I made it!!

    @Layla It is about mid calf on the outside down to the ankle, maybe getting better? At times mostly evening it starts getting uncomfortable and then night can hurt keeping me awake. Then I pop a pain pill. May go another week and call the NP and get the steriods? She hesitated to give them to me...
  4. Postalgal

    THR I made it!!

    Saw the nurse practitioner yesterday, x-rays good, released to drive (I did drive the ranger Wednesday) can sleep on operated side, and throw away walker to cane. I did sleep on my operated side some last night, can use the cane well. About to do a grocery pickup! Yesterday was all day and did...
  5. Postalgal

    THR I made it!!

    @Mojo333 I definitely admire you and the other bilateral hippys! I do not know how you all managed, me being a wimp! I will have to read your recovery thread. At the time I had the left one done, I didn't have a sign of ever having the right one done. But it was in the cards for me I figured...
  6. Postalgal

    THR I made it!!

    Woohoo!!! I am thinking I can, but just not ready yet. I really want to try out our ranger on the farm. DH has drove me around twice so far looking at the cows. Probably I will wait until after tomorrow and see where I am with the Doc. Right now so busy with these kiddos school work especially...
  7. Postalgal

    THR I made it!!

    Yes! I am doing a little experimenting and for sure waiting until tomorrow and see what the doc says...thinking I am good, just need the ok :happydance:
  8. Postalgal

    THR I made it!!

    Thank you everyone! No way will I try or attempt until I know I can move that leg quick to brake. So it sounds like maybe not too far off! I will definitely ask when I can Thursday. Practicing on our backroads sounds like a good idea when I get the ok and feel comfortable. I am extending my...
  9. Postalgal

    THR I made it!!

    Friday plans did change and I got a ride to our shop and caught up on paperwork. About 3 hours total and I was ready for home. Saturday, DH took a 6 hr drive to and from to retrieve the tractor he bought. I stayed home and that was a scary day until he got home. Having the right side operated...
  10. Postalgal

    THR Oh no! What did I do?

    I have joined here twice, without these people I would have been so lost <3
  11. Postalgal

    THR Oh no! What did I do?

    Welcome @Almost6wksout ! Let us know how you do, the ice is always our bff during healing! lol! All of these people are here for you, it's awesome! Have a great weekend as well! :dancy:
  12. Postalgal

    THR I made it!!

    Thank you all, no not a medal to be had! lol I had a better night last night. I took 1 hydro, got woozy, and somehow the worries still come through. Issues with SS, grown, anyway, very hurtful for us. So I managed to close that box and drift off for awhile, then again. Feel much better today. I...
  13. Postalgal

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Hi @laurendallastx ! Your two days after me . Are you elevating and icing as they recommend? For me, moving, walking, the basic exercises from the joint academy keep me loosened up. Yes, you are on the road to recovery! You got this too! :egypdance:
  14. Postalgal

    THR I’m so overwhelmed HELP

    Hi! I am just jumping in here and saw the swollen was from the pool of blood, possibly the ache is from that? One thing from my first repair, I don't have a clue if related, but doing alot of bending did give me an ache for a few hours. I am wondering if it is pressure of the blood pool? Maybe a...
  15. Postalgal

    THR I made it!!

    @leejaa @Ozinthedesert @Layla We didn't get time for the decorations. I took an energy drop and then it was, down for the count. Thank you for reminding me of me, and hubby also reminded me this morning. I haven't had a pain pill for 24 hours, I didn't rest though last night, just fidgety...
Back
Top Bottom