Recent content by possum_here

  1. possum_here

    TKR LTKR 10 August 2022 possum_here’s journey through recovery.

    The Ortho was debating to send me to another ortho who just specialises in feet. I told him the issue was there after my TKR the foot was so swollen and throbbed. When I was up and walking the foot honestly felt like I had dropped a brick on it. There was considerable swelling and my foot was...
  2. possum_here

    TKR LTKR 10 August 2022 possum_here’s journey through recovery.

    Thank you for the Birthday wishes. Yes, things are much more easier but there are still days when I am reminded there are challenges. Balance is NOT normal, and my apple watch alerts me to being a falls risk.
  3. possum_here

    TKR LTKR 10 August 2022 possum_here’s journey through recovery.

    The top of my foot since the TKR has felt as if I dropped a brick on my foot. Very painful from day one. Even had scans on it because I struggled walking because the foot was so sore. So my version of explaining is the top of my foot feels like a heavy brick was dropped onto it. I never had...
  4. possum_here

    TKR LTKR 10 August 2022 possum_here’s journey through recovery.

    Update- almost 6 months PO. I turn 60 this week on Feb 1st. Looking back I realise I have actually came quite far in 6 months. The scar looks great which is always a bonus. I have found I still have a few issues worth mentioning. Driving is not an issue but getting in and out of the car is. The...
  5. possum_here

    TKR LTKR 10 August 2022 possum_here’s journey through recovery.

    Back to update. I am well on the way to recovery although I still have issues getting my leg into my car. My car the driver side is on right side of the car so the opposite to those in the USA. Just getting the leg in and out is still an issue. I went to see my partners son for his 45th Bday...
  6. possum_here

    TKR LTKR 10 August 2022 possum_here’s journey through recovery.

    Yes, we are summer here in Australia. I am another month past from this post. I am progressing well. I feel these are just stepping stones on the way to recovery.
  7. possum_here

    TKR LTKR 10 August 2022 possum_here’s journey through recovery.

    3 months have gone so quickly. Managing better now. Keep getting bruises popping up. This morning woke with pain from my hip to my knee. Took me a little to settle it once I got up and walked a few minutes back and forward to the front door. Occasional zinger but other than that, well on my way...
  8. possum_here

    TKR Surgery Done August 10th, 2022

    Sounds like a good plan.
  9. possum_here

    TKR Surgery Done August 10th, 2022

    I know our journey is our own. So many Physio’s have been taught to push patients too far. Even when I told him to STOP he refused to listen and stop. I pulled away and said yeah, we are not doing pain. That is when he gave me the big speel no pain, no gain. I deliberately went into this...
  10. possum_here

    TKR LTKR 10 August 2022 possum_here’s journey through recovery.

    Well I am mobility aid free. Although I have the cane for longer distances esp on wet surfaces. My foot is still concerning. The knee still has pain and stiff and swollen at different times of the day. The scar stings when I am in the car, so have to find that sweet spot to relieve the...
  11. possum_here

    TKR Surgery Done August 10th, 2022

    I am pleased to hear you are doing well. I have had a few set backs. I followed my own initial recovery, pain meds, icing, elevation. Had a straight leg basically from after day one. I had a Physio come to my home for 4 wks which basically was a waste of time. She sat on the lounge basically...
  12. possum_here

    TKR LTKR 10 August 2022 possum_here’s journey through recovery.

    Yes I agree. New alignment to the knee would effect the foot. My OS even xray my foot to see if he could see anything wrong. Of course it is the new knee that contributed to it. Some days I struggle walking due to the foot. I am 7 wks today, knee is still on/off swollen red and sore. Esp after I...
  13. possum_here

    TKR LTKR 10 August 2022 possum_here’s journey through recovery.

    That may have been caused from edema. Mine just feel like I dropped a brick on it.
Back
Top Bottom