Recent content by poptarts

  1. poptarts

    TKR Poptarts' Surgery on December 24, 2018<

    @Josephine THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Great feedback and I will follow your advice. I so much appreciate it!!
  2. poptarts

    What is the best case scenario for walking unaided

    @Robert... Glad I was able to help. Today, I took my third walk outside since surgery; without my cane or walker, and accompanied by my daughter. If I go venture out in the public, I plan to take my cane. Mainly as protection and on the off chance I lose my balance. I would say I'm 99%...
  3. poptarts

    What is the best case scenario for walking unaided

    I had a TKR on 12/24/18. I was in and out of the hospital the same day; they never even fed me a snack or meal. I felt great! I went home and walked, did light housework, all unaided, around my house. Little did I know that the "hospital" medications would wear off by the next day and the real...
  4. poptarts

    Welcome to the December Supernovas' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    @Bashia..Thanks!!! Yes, this is somewhat difficult. I just want the healing process to be over. It looks like you are done with this, having two TKRs last year. I also had my right knee done in 2014 so never again when I have to go through this, God willing.
  5. poptarts

    TKR Poptarts' Surgery on December 24, 2018<

    @ebungalow I don't see any improvement in the inflammation in my knee from the lympathic massage. I really wanted my legs massaged; the tightness is so bothersome. I thought having a lympathic massage would be an extra benefit although it is less "hands on" so I think my combo of lympathic for...
  6. poptarts

    TKR Poptarts' Surgery on December 24, 2018<

    My cat is my best therapy.
  7. poptarts

    TKR Poptarts' Surgery on December 24, 2018<

    1. pain levels:2-3 2. pain medications: oxytocin-acetaminophen 10mg/325mg every 4-6 hours and occasional Tylenol, not to exceed approx 2,000 mg per day 3. swelling: moderate 4. 65 ROM. Extension; I do not know. It is pretty straight when laying on a bed. 5. icing: 20-40 minutes 4-5x a day...
  8. poptarts

    TKR Poptarts' Surgery on December 24, 2018<

    @sistersinhim The massage went well. We agreed upon just a lympthatic massages for my legs and a switch massage for the body. She had me start on my side to work on my back but after I short time, it was uncomfortable. She then performed the lympthatic massage and ended with a neck and scalp...
  9. poptarts

    Knee Infection* 4 surgeries, 2 revisions, 1 staph epi infection

    I wish I had words of wisdom for your extremely difficult situation but all I can say is never give up, there is always hope. If you do not mind, I will pray for you. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ―Nelson Mandela
  10. poptarts

    TKR Poptarts' Surgery on December 24, 2018<

    @skigirl: Thank you for asking, yes some moderate to mild pain in between. I'm icing a lot. I will use the remainder 2000 mg. of tylenol that @Jamie recommends. Thank you! If it wasn't for all of you, I would be pretty isolated in this recovery. I very much appreciate it!
  11. poptarts

    TKR Poptarts' Surgery on December 24, 2018<

    Thank you so much for responding to my question, I will stop the Tylenol.
  12. poptarts

    TKR Poptarts' Surgery on December 24, 2018<

    May I get someone's opinion on my current medications? Tylenol 1000 mg. 4x a day Percocet 325 mg. (oxo-acetaminophen 10 mg./325 mg.), every 4 hours. I alternate the Tylenol and Percocet so I'm taking something every few hours. My scale pain level is 2-3. Thank you!
  13. poptarts

    Welcome to the December Supernovas' 2018 Knee Recovery Club

    Please add me! Surgery date 12/24/18. :)
  14. poptarts

    TKR Poptarts' Surgery on December 24, 2018<

    Thank you for your helpful comments! Yes, they are helping in their own way.
Back
Top Bottom