Recent content by pm1207

  1. pm1207

    PKR IT Band Issues<

    @Josephine Thank you for the advice, I have been taking it easy, and ended up going to the chiropractor for some relief of the hip pain. He is fantastic, does stretching and pressure points to loosen the muscles. The knee pain comes and goes, and I try to rest it. I have another question for...
  2. pm1207

    PKR IT Band Issues<

    My reply was that I do it once per day , 3 times with each leg
  3. pm1207

    PKR IT Band Issues<

    @Josephine , 1. Pain level ranges from 1 to 4 2. Very occasionally I take ibuprofen. Also have an RX for Meloxicam 15mg which I only take when the pain level is higher, typically once or twice a week. 3. Slight swelling 4. Extension 0 degrees....Flexion 125 degrees 5. I was icing when it...
  4. pm1207

    PKR IT Band Issues<

    The pain that I have is in the following squares: SR1F, TR1F and DRF1. I have pain in my right hip, and across the bottom part on the right side of my right knee, just to clarify. You may ask me some questions.
  5. pm1207

    PKR IT Band Issues<

    I am 15 months past the date of my partial knee replacement. Coming on here in those early months really helped with having a realistic recovery. I have been very lucky to have few issues since my replacement. One issue that I’m struggling with is IT tendinitis diagnosed by my ortho at my one...
  6. pm1207

    TKR Looking Up's TKR Recovery- October 26, 2017

    My surgery was 10/31. I had aggressive PT for the first 4 weeks and was “threatened” that I would get scar tissue, that I would need a MUA. I found this site at my 4 week mark and took all of the advice! I slowed down the PT, seriously slowed down the exercises at home and iced and elevated...
  7. pm1207

    PKR IT Band Issues<

    Feeling pretty good today...except for the fact that it has been horribly cold around here! I need to move south. Today was my first day back to work after having a week off and today marks 9 weeks. I made it through the entire day with no pain meds, walked around a lot, climbed the stairs...
  8. pm1207

    PKR IT Band Issues<

    Truth! This surgery definitely tests your strength. I never liked my knees. Lol. My hubby jokes with me about my knobby knees (that I got from my mom)....she also gifted me with the arthritis gene.
  9. pm1207

    TKR 6 weeks in but NO energy

    The energy drain is unreal! I’m at 8 weeks and have days when I feel like I’ve run a marathon. Even short errands wipe me out some days. Our bodies are working so hard to heal our knees, there just doesn’t seem to be much left over. Listen to your body and rest.
  10. pm1207

    PKR IT Band Issues<

    Trying to take care of it. I put lotion on it twice a day. Have to try to get it looking better by bare legs season! I love to wear dresses, I think my students at school would be horrified! :loll:
  11. pm1207

    PKR IT Band Issues<

    Opinions on swelling?
  12. pm1207

    PKR IT Band Issues<

    @Celle ...that was a good read..very good reasons to relax. @kneeper I’m really looking forward to spring!!!!
  13. pm1207

    PKR IT Band Issues<

    @funkymuse I don’t elevate anymore when I sleep..just during the day. My back couldn’t hack it anymore! As much as I hate to hear about other people have the same experience with discomfort, it’s reassuring to know I’m not alone. So impatient with myself,,and so sick of people lecturing me about...
  14. pm1207

    PKR IT Band Issues<

    @Celle thank you....definitely need reminders to put my health first. My son understands. I just create my own guilt. I also need reminders that I have a long way to go and need to lessen expectations of faster recovery. I think I will try to lay flat when I elevate. My knee always feels so much...
Back
Top Bottom