Recent content by pjkopks

  1. P

    TKR Pulled Ligament in Week 6 recovery

    I'm sorry you have had a set-back. I'm at five weeks and feeling frustrated that I seem to have developed a rather sharp pain behind the knee which I did nothave before. Your post makes me wonder if I could have pulled a iigament. You are not alone with post-op blues. I see that comment...
  2. P

    TKR Pain Behind the Knee

    I will be five weeks post-op tomorrow. This recovery has been far more difficult than I anticipated. Both my surgeon and PT say I am progressing fine. Extension is pretty good, but flexion is still not great but evidently good enough no one is talking about MUA. This weekend, I had a rather...
  3. P

    TKR Pain Behind the Knee

    I "lost" a post somewhere along the way, so if similar content pops up elsewhere, let's blame it on meds. So at three weeks out, I assume from the above response that I should be continuing to take pain meds "by the clock"? I have had a really difficult day today. I think my PT was overly...
  4. P

    TKR April 25, 2021 LTKR - Post op thread

    I am three weeks out from tkr tomorrow. Recovery and sleeping has been difficult, much more so than I expected. I am still taking pain meds at night, as well a Tylenol and a Benedryl. (Fair disclosure, I did not ask my doctor about the Benedryl, but I have taken it almost nightly since coming...
  5. P

    TKR Pain Behind the Knee

    Thank you, friends, for your responses. I am feeling really naive. I thought I was prepared, but this has been so much tougher than I thought it was going to be. I've had a foot surgery before, and it was no picnic, but I really think this first week after tkr has been worse.
  6. P

    TKR Pain Behind the Knee

    I am a week out, and my PT told me yesterday he thinks I am doing well. His comments were reassuring. I still feel like I am in so much pain. Maybe I have tried to back off some of the pain meds too soon. The narcotics make me feel a little nauseated and very fuzzy, so I have tried doing...
  7. P

    TKR Pain Behind the Knee

    My thanks to those of you who took the time to respond. Today looks a little brighter (although it is really, really cold and dreary here). I have a wonderful husband who is being a rock star with his help and tolerance!
  8. P

    TKR Pain Behind the Knee

    (I actually first posted this under my pre-op question thread. I'm still learning the ropes on here, so if posting this in the way I have now is not the way things are done, please kindly and gently instruct me. I'm just looking for the reinforcement and encouragement this group seems to be...
  9. P

    TKR Getting into my house after surgery

    I'm a little uncertain about how to go about following others who are roughly at the stage of recovery I am. Suggestions about that? I also don't think I quite understand about keeping only one thread. I wrote a question several weeks back about getting into my house post-surgery. That is...
  10. P

    TKR Getting into my house after surgery

    Many thanks to all of you who have responded. My TKR is April 11th.
  11. P

    TKR Getting into my house after surgery

    I have made a good faith effort to search to see if this question has already been asked and answered. I have TKP coming up in about a month, and I am concerned about getting up three steps into my house when I come home. My doctor says to expect one or two nights post-op, so I will get some...
Back
Top Bottom