Recent content by pipn

  1. P

    TKR SusaninChicago’s recovery thread

    I'm wondering about the implant used possibly determining the post op experience. Can you share what implant you got? Was it the same for both knees? I do hope that your stomach and fatigue issues have resolved.
  2. P

    TKR 5 1/2 months after LTKR

    @dlssimon, I'll be getting my left knee done in a couple of weeks and if the pt tells me to massage my scar at some point, I'll do it. When I had surgery to repair 3 full thickness tears in my shoulder and upper arm tendons, the pt massaged the scar and had me do it when at home. She...
  3. P

    TKR Toni Lee Recovery Thread

    @tlfiore, This part made me laugh.......only because i totally empathize and would feel the same way. Re the pain meds: I really have been shocked over the lack of pain meds being issued and do think that the post surgery 5mg of oxycodone is a bit low. My shoulder surgery required 10mg and...
  4. P

    TKR Toni Lee Recovery Thread

    @tlfiore You have a great attitude and I do think you're right that being positive is so important especially in difficult times. It's going to help you on your road to recovery. I just can't believe that they gave you only 5 days of possible pain relief....I would even question if 5mg of...
  5. P

    TKR Toni Lee Recovery Thread

    @tlfiore I am wishing the best for your recovery. I'm still in the research stage, checking out bonesmart and trying to find surgeons for consult but you have me really scared about pain meds right after surgery. I mean, Tylenol????? Who in the world would prescribe tylenol for major surgery...
  6. P

    TKR Please help me find TKR surgeon in Pittsburgh area

    @Jamie, I've checked the guy you mentioned (Dr. Lawrence S. Crosset) on Google but also through the bonesmart surgeon locator and have not seen the bonesmart recommendations you spoke about. Can you tell me how to see them? thanks.
  7. P

    TKR Please help me find TKR surgeon in Pittsburgh area

    @Jamie and @Jockette , thanks for the replies and the welcome. Jamie, the UPMC vs Highmark battle is region-wide in western Pennsylvania although the nucleus is definitely Pittsburgh where all the best hospitals are. I'm not really finding it an issue as I will need to stick with my insurance...
  8. P

    TKR Please help me find TKR surgeon in Pittsburgh area

    I've been researching for weeks and am at my wit's end trying to decide which doctor/s I should schedule for consultation with the aim of getting my knee replacement surgery. I did see an older thread about this but it wasn't very helpful to me and after searching around the site a while I...
Back
Top Bottom