Recent content by pineapple

  1. P

    TKR Pineapple's Second Knee. The Emotional Journey<

    Still struggling with extra bad depression at five weeks. I have meds and a therapist, the hardest thing is not to beat myself up for being depressed. The knee at five weeks is excellent. Stiffness and some pain after walking but not much swelling, rom is good, able to reduce pain meds to...
  2. P

    TKR Pineapple's Second Knee. The Emotional Journey<

    For me I think it was the stress from surgery. I am actually going to the doc on Friday to see if I can have a cortisone shot in the finger joint. It has been almost a week since it got gouty and its my dominant hand. If I bump it even a bit washing dishes or opening doors, look out...
  3. P

    TKR Pineapple's Second Knee. The Emotional Journey<

    Thanks for the empathy @magella. The funny thing is that my knee is doing very well. But now I have gotten gout in the foot of my new TKR leg. And in my finger! I sometimes fell like I am falling apart. And that I don't know who I am anymore. Pineapple LTKR 2/2/16 RTKR 8/14/16
  4. P

    TKR Pineapple's Second Knee. The Emotional Journey<

    @Celle thank you for the article about flying. If I continue to recover well, I am going to take the direct route and ask for aisle seating behind the bulkhead. But as long as it's on the aisle, I think I will manage. I am mostly concerned about having someone bump or push the knee all flight...
  5. P

    TKR Pineapple's Second Knee. The Emotional Journey<

    This is Cyril. He is holding my phone to give you an idea of how big he is. I HIGHLY recommend the use of a Cyril post surgery. He is incredibly helpful in a dozen ways. I can slip him under my ankle for proper, comfortable leg support. I have used him under my butt to take the pressure off...
  6. P

    TKR Pineapple's Second Knee. The Emotional Journey<

    @Josephine thank you for your advice. I will be pulling back on the activities. I think the small amount of swelling had me deluded into thinking I was more healed than I am. But I guess looks can be deceiving. In my family, taking gentle care of oneself would be called disdainfully...
  7. P

    TKR Pineapple's Second Knee. The Emotional Journey<

    I am taking a trip to NY from LA in January if I am doing as well as I did with my first knee. I will be at three months. I have to decide between a direct flight where there is no bulkhead or a stopover between 45 minutes and and hour. I have asked already for a wheelchair when I check in...
  8. P

    TKR Pineapple's Second Knee. The Emotional Journey<

    @Josephine, here are my answers. Pain levels 0 after resting, 7 at night. Meds are MScontin 30 mg every 8 hours, oxycodone 10 for breakthrough every 4 to six hours. Now I am at MScontin twice a day and oxycodone if I need it during the day. I want to switch to all oxy and then titrate that...
  9. P

    TKR Pineapple's Second Knee. The Emotional Journey<

    I had my left knee replaced in February. My right knee is three weeks old today. The experience this time is different both physically and psychologically. First time I spent two weeks in rehab (actually I am fuzzy about this, but my husband said I did). When I got home at three weeks I was...
  10. P

    TKR Pineapple's knee

    @bsassy, thank you for sharing your experience. I do feel lucky about the knee so far, but the sciatica complication has really messed with my spirit, it feels sometime as if I caused it, tho I know I didn't. I did decide to start the approval process for the second surgery. I am sorry you...
  11. P

    TKR Pineapple's knee

    I still don't know if it is a good decision to get my second knee replaced if it isn't giving me a lot of pain at the moment even though I know it's bone on bone and has been awful most of the time. Pineapple LTKR 2/2/16 RTKR Scheduled for approximately 5/15/16
  12. P

    TKR Pineapple's knee

    I am going to my OS for my three month check. My knee is doing very well. And my unoperated knee is not bothering me much. I was going to have the second knee replaced as soon as possible but now I am confused. Do I wait until it starts to bother me? My biggest issue is really the...
  13. P

    TKR Spinal Stenosis/Disc Issues Affecting Recovery

    My sciatica went away for over two months after a RTKR. It's back but different, much less severe. I am hoping the second knee replacement does the trick. But I don't have a formal diagnosis yet for the back other than mild scoliosis I have had since I was a kid and never caused any symptoms...
  14. P

    TKR Pineapple's knee

    Still tired and depressed even tho the knee is great. Pineapple LTKR 2/2/16 RTKR Scheduled for approximately 5/15/16
  15. P

    TKR Pineapple's knee

    I got a pair of orthotic insoles from Dr. Scholl's, the kind where you stand on an analyzer and it picks which model based on your footprint. Interesting that the leg with the TKR is bearing much more weight than my other knee. I have had these orthotics before and they help. I am trying...
Back
Top Bottom